Hello

pikeg123
pikeg123 Posts: 46
edited April 2010 in MTB beginners
Hello guys, The names Gareth..

I'm back on the site after almost 7 years! was MBUK.com when I was on last..

I must say, I was big mad on my bikes.. Last bike I had I built myself, loved going out on the trails..

This was before I passed my driving test back in 03 then the car became my interest.. Now recently I can safely say the boy racer phase has long past and i'm getting back behind the bars..

After recently starting a gym and riding the exercise bikes there it came to me.. Lets get back out there...

So heres what I been getting up to..

Bought a funky frame from ebay, a £75 bargain.. Gary Fisher GED frame.. Then hooked this up to some Rock Shox Psylo forks again another ebay bargain..

And with a few other odds and sods heres how she looks at the moment..

5.jpg

Of course the bars are now fitted, the brakes arrived today and the wheels are due tomorrow.. all thats left really is the drivetrain..

Glad to be getting back into the world of biking.. :)

Gareth

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice. good on you. bikes are alot cheaper than cars :wink:
    btw my brother has the same saddle
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    nice, good to see another one has seen the light and realised 2 wheels are better than 4 :D

Welcome Back 8)

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • coolboarder
    coolboarder Posts: 149
    Hey gareth, im back on this forum after many years off as well. Ive never stopped biking though because i commute to work on my ht. I bought my best bike, a Scott Genius in 2006/7 and really havent used it that much :oops: I have another main interest in power kiting and have got so pished off this year so far with the lack of wind that i recently thought " you idiot, just get back onto your beloved Genius on the no wind days" Durr, why didnt i think of that before now?

Ive got real renewed enthusiasm and cant wait for some proper trail riding.

Rob

PS Gareth, thats going to be one cool looking bike you have there! Very nice so far :wink:

Rob.
  • pikeg123
    pikeg123 Posts: 46
    Cheers for the welcome guys.. really can't wait to get the bike finished.. The wheels and brakes arrived this week.. All i need now is the drivetrain :)

I'll pop a lil diary in the project forum..
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    and the sun has returned! at long last. that should help.
  • dr.a
    dr.a Posts: 120
    ha, wise choice. Everyone around me is running on 4 wheels. . . I feel sorry for them 8)
    "If you're sleeping', you're not gonna play anything" - John Petrucci, 2004.

2002-2007: Terrano Bullion
    2007-2008: Apollo Guru
    2008-2010: Shockwave XT980
    2010: Carrera Fury 08
  • Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    Nice one fella, Ive just got back into MTB my self after a long time out of it !

Im looking at buying a new bike at the mo, but keep changing my mind as to what one to get :roll: Im currently riding an old Carrea Kraken and my fitness level is going up !.

ATB
    Rob