Trossachs Ton 2010 - feed stations

wakemalcolm
wakemalcolm Posts: 825
Hi

Following on from last years successful event we're putting some final touches to the preparation for this year's Trossachs Ton on the 20th June.

A number of you gave us great feedback on last year's event including some constructive criticism on the positioning of the feedstations.

The first feedstation in Thornhill was seen as being too early for most riders with the marshalls being reduced to perfecting their banana hand-up technique (with mixed results). The first station will now be a good few further miles up the road.

We'd like to hear your views on where to position the final feed station which was previously about a mile from the bottom of the Crow Road climb. Many people thought this was too close to the bottom of the climb. There are a couple of options: move it to a position a few more miles before the climb or move it to the carpark near the top of the climb.

Any thoughts? Look forward to your comments.
Thanks
Malcolm
================================
Cake is just weakness entering the body

Comments

• AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Riding this for the first time this year so cant really comment but if I were to choose then I would want a feed station before a climb not near the top when you stillhave some climbing to go.

Cant wait for this event..........it will be my local one!!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    Thanks Andy. Look forward to seeing you on the day.
    Cheers
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • bhickey
    bhickey Posts: 49
    I thought the location last year at Clachan of Campsie was spot on - I took limited amount of food before hitting the Crow but stuffed my pockets and worked through it over the remainder of the route.

As an aside - the overall organisation of the event including the start/finish facilities was great. Looking forward to it again this year !
  • fnb1
    fnb1 Posts: 591
    feed station at Clachan was fine, also presents a nice view (for those not familiar) with the climb to come, perhaps enscourage those that need to to top up on water etc.

Looking forward to it, wonder what the road condition at the end of the Carron Valley is like?
    fay ce que voudres
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    edited April 2010
    Agree with others. Clachan is a good place to pause and prepare for the final miles. I put down a good dose of very good cake there and refilled my bottles with energy drink.

I don't think I would have stopped at the top of the climb.

In fact, I suffered horribly after the Crow Road (I had been ok on it), probably down to a combination of the terrain and the number of miles already completed. If I hadn't stopped at the feed station, I dread to think what would have happened.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• ged123
    ged123 Posts: 36
    bottom of the Crow Road climb.was spot on m8 would never have goy up it wi out it yum yum