cycling glasses

2»

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    Anyone got a link for the place on ebay that does the bolle glasses?

I used these people recently:

http://www.safetystock.co.uk/safety-gla ... ty-glasses

The service was very good but you need to be careful about the postage which is a whopping £6.99. Still managed to get 2 pairs for an all in cost of under £20.

I got the bog standard plastic Contour ones (which do the job nicely). Don't know if anyone can recommend the metal ones?

Yeah I was doing an order then I noticed the postage, I want to see how they fit as I have a narrow face before getting a tinted pair, why they charge that much is beyond me!!
  • gaspode
    gaspode Posts: 110
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Gaspode wrote:

Cheers for that link :D
  • mellisr1
    mellisr1 Posts: 67
    Only thing I would say about bolle safety glasses (other than being very cheap and seem to be very good quality) is that, and maybe because they are safety glasses, they are very large - though I might just have a small face

when I say large, I mean in appearance on your face, not width or fit etc.

both the sillium and axis pairs I tried looked great on the screen but when I got them, on my face at least, they looked massive and very much like I was wearing welding specs and looked a bit gorky! I tried the sillium ones after the axis as they looked a much smaller in the pictures but basically the lenses are exactly the same size.

a real shame realy as other than that I really liked them but for a total of about 14 quid for both pairs I've not lost much and perhaps I should stop worrying and just wear em!
    cheers
    Matt
    Looking for a friendly & welcoming club in Warrington/North Cheshire area ?
    Try North Cheshire Clarion : http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/
  • gaspode
    gaspode Posts: 110
    I bought the Contours - maybe I've got a big head :? but they look fine to me - and they're certainly smaller than a pair of Oakley M-frames - guess it's a case of trying to choose the ones that match your face shape - I think Screw-fix stock them if anyone wants to try before they buy (although screw-fix are more expensive than going down the ebay route....)
  • grado
    grado Posts: 3
    actually, I don't like wear colored contact lens when I am riding, spectacles for me is better.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I have Rudy Project Noyz, white with blue lenses......they look great, inside out and outside in! (if that makes sense!)

However, being another profuse sweater I find the helmet padding in the front of my Specialized Echelon helmet soakes up loads of sweat and then all of a sudden it runs down, all over both sides of my sunglass lenses! This leads to distorted vision and is really annoying. I have taken to removing the glasses every few miles, then pressing the front of the helmet hard against my forehead to release a stream of sweat and then replace the glasses until it fills up again. Potentially dangerous whilst riding and a real pain to have to keep stopping!

Anybody else experience this? Anyone seen any kind of 'seal' for the sunglass frame to forehead and if so do they work? Only other thing I can think of is to not wear a helmet, as I assume they all have a pad in the front edge? I see many of the pros wearing these glasses and they don't seem to suffer (I am sure they sweat climbing Alpe D'huez, no matter how fit they are!)
  • Contact lenses are originally intended for corrective purposes: Toric contact lenses for treatment of astigmatism. Now they make cool contact lenses that are also corrective and therapeutic at the same time. www.contact-lenses-without-prescription.com
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    I use these and find them light and comfy:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... UOTZGLA200