I like Evans cycles in Reading.

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Once again had top service from the lads there. Even when they're a bit busy they still find time to stop and chat about bikes and what's new and what's happening in the world etc.

Went in to get an Endura jacket for the weekend at Afan and blokey was most helpfull and no arguments at all about price matching etc

He was asking how the other lads are getting on with my Commencal and showed a genuine interest in getting information for me.

He also liked my Aprilia Tuono which was nice :)

It's nice to have an LBS (even if a department store) who actually seem interested in pleasing customers.

Comments

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Ive had good experience with my local Evans too, i needed a brass pin and olive for shimano brakes when i was shortening the front hose so before i clicked on the buy now button on CRC and spending £4 i popped into evans and the mechanic in there sorted me out with both for nothin at all.

They might get a lot of stick but i cant complain about my service from them they're always helpful and willing to give advice or just chat bikes whenever i go in.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I don't particularly like evans. Needed some steel single chain ring bolts. Saw some single chain ring bolts on their website. It didn't say if they were aluminium or steel, so I called them up to check. Yes, they told me, those single chain ring bolts are steel. Ordered some on the phone, received them. Double aluminium chain ring bolts. Cheers, evans.
  • goonerkev
    goonerkev Posts: 83
    I know a friend of a friend who has just got a job with evans in london, if you work foer them you get some good discount on bikes :D almost worth changing career path to get some nice gear, never dealt with them much personally find them more expensive always use the faithful wiggle and chainreaction, dont have a decent shop round my way.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Always get good service from the one in MK. Even if it's busy they find time to help you. I have a few freebies from them plus good deals / price matching
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    Another +1 for evans. Was in the Brighton store over easter and had another good chat with one of the guys in there. Always really helpful and friendly and did a mate a great deal on some nobby nics. The guys at the Gatwick brand seem quite efficient too, but I have only been in there a couple of times.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    I had a poor experience at evans buying my scott which was saved by two members of staff at Milton Keynes, in fact they are the only reason I bought the BMC.

Just one member of staff can really poison you against a company, saying that I’ve yet to have a full service done.
    LOL road riding.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I think as always there's some good and some bad.
    The lads in Kendal are brilliant; a good range of riders; all knowledgable about thier discipline... my only complaint is the workshop prices to seem a tad inflated compared to other LBS's; but i guess that's down to the administration at the top rather than stores themselves.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • wrx
    wrx Posts: 27
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Once again had top service from the lads there. Even when they're a bit busy they still find time to stop and chat about bikes and what's new and what's happening in the world etc.

I totally agree. I'm looking at getting a second bike, and have tried out a few from there.

I have had a really positive experience every time I have been in there, which goes a long way in my book.