Ow!! physio hurts doesn't it?

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited April 2010 in MTB general
i've had a few problems with my back in the past from playing rugby so i've been to physio a fair few times. I had a crash on the bike a couple of weeks ago (one of many) and i banged my shoulder up pretty good. after it getting gradually worse i booked an appointment with the physio for yesterday and got it sorted. my neck and shoulder cracked like a good un and now i've got loads better movement but bloody hell it's sore today!!! i'm living on coca cola and anadin today :lol:

Comments

• Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    I also have troubles with my back so my tennis coach showed me a few stretches. There is one that, every single time, creates a remarkably loud crack! It feels lovely.
    I'm off to the physio soon I think as well :(
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    my back is trashed, i slipped 2 discs last year and i occasionally pop ribs out from just doing day to day stuff. i have to be cracked which sound horrific when it goes and when i turn my head to my side my neck makes some big noises :shock: all from dicking about when drunk :roll:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I'm currently having physio for a 'frozen shoulder' problem I have. I can only describe the person who administers my physio as a phycotic witch. She seems to take great pleasure in causing me as much pain as possible. I have a massive pain threshold, so I think she does this in frustration at me not bucking in to what normal mortals would...

TBH, since starting this treatment, I haven't really seen any improvement. :(
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    get your ACL stripped weekly for 6 months, and the come back and tell me how much the physio hurts.

oooooyahhhhhhhhhhdirtyweebusturdyethathurtslikeanything
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    I should really go for phys on my shoulders but I can't be chewed/Most of the doctor type people I have seen in my life time have been total quacks.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mine was evil. I had a nice physio at first but she was no use, I needed a sadist :lol: "I'm tired, when do I stop" "Never!" "Oh"
    Uncompromising extremist
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Mine was a nicely spoken Irish bloke who just loved to give me pain. My right arm has plastered for 12 weeks in total and all the tendons had 'gone hard' so I had to strech out them out, that hurt. Got my own back though, the force he had to put into my other arm hurt him more than me, ha ha.

he knew he was in for trouble when my surgeon mentioned in my notes that I had an "incrediby high pain threshold"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i have had considerable physio work done to my body over the past 13 years and im gonna behonest with you, none of it has made a blind bit of difference.

fortunately all of my injuries have healed with a bit of rest (and some surgery in one instance)
  • I'm currently having physio for a 'frozen shoulder' problem I have. I can only describe the person who administers my physio as a phycotic witch. She seems to take great pleasure in causing me as much pain as possible. I have a massive pain threshold, so I think she does this in frustration at me not bucking in to what normal mortals would...

TBH, since starting this treatment, I haven't really seen any improvement. :(
    I had frozen shoulder a few years back. I'm afraid it takes a long time to heal, it was getting on for a year before I got the full range of movement back.
    At least it does'nt stop you doing most stuff.

My sons girlfriend is about to qualify as a physio, she has been practising her sports massage on me (I don't stretch enough), boy can she inflict pain!! It does feel miles better the next day though.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    welshkev wrote:
    i've had a few problems with my back in the past from playing rugby so i've been to physio a fair few times. I had a crash on the bike a couple of weeks ago (one of many) and i banged my shoulder up pretty good. after it getting gradually worse i booked an appointment with the physio for yesterday and got it sorted. my neck and shoulder cracked like a good un and now i've got loads better movement but bloody hell it's sore today!!! i'm living on coca cola and anadin today :lol:

Not trapped a nerve has it? I had a bit of back trouble and after a physio session and exercises got movement back but damn it hurt like a MF if bent it in a certain way, it resolved itself when I picked up a 50kg dumbell the wrong way, haven;t had a peep since.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I have had a lot of physio on my knees, they are fecked, ok for riding but my runings had to stop. Go back to your physio and ask them to stick accupuncture needles in and then twist them, now that flippin hurts :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    a few months ago i was sparring doing my martial art taekwondo and splipped and i jarred my back, i was rushed to hospital and was told that i have 6 prolapsed disks in my back (pain was an understatement!) ever since i have had to have physio everyday and it really does hurt but no pain no gain!! The worst thing about physio is that i have to sleep on the floor everynight which isnt the most comfortable place to sleep lol
  • welshkev
    captainfly wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Not trapped a nerve has it? I had a bit of back trouble and after a physio session and exercises got movement back but damn it hurt like a MF if bent it in a certain way, it resolved itself when I picked up a 50kg dumbell the wrong way, haven;t had a peep since.

no, no trapped nerve just sore from where he shifted me around so much. i know what a trapped nerve feels like though, when i did my back playing rugby i slightly dislocated 3 bones in the bottom of my back which in turn trapped a nerve, it wasn't the nicest feeling i've ever had :lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    Meh, the pain from physio was nothing compared to to pain before physio...
  • welshkev
    whyamihere wrote:
    Meh, the pain from physio was nothing compared to to pain before physio...

now that's true :lol:
  • metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    I currently have tape on my back holding some mucles in place, it make it interesting...

I hurt after treatment as well, I had a 2 week course when the injury was really new it hurt like hell I slept a lot. People who had minor injuries didn't seem understand that I felt ill a lot of the time.

Its all improving but I bet its 18 months-2 years before I'm fully healed.

I hope you all heal up soon in time for the summer :D
  • RichJJ
    RichJJ Posts: 25
    Been having physio a couple of times a week on my knee since Feb, doesn't hurt a bit, maybe thats why its not getting better...... :roll: