Driver sacked for harrassing cyclist!

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    In a way I think "good" tbh.

If I, in my work gear and uniform, went and threatened another human being with danger or violence, or gave them abuse, I would also be fired from my job. Drving the company vehicle should also have the same come-back if serious enough. :?

To me this was deliberate harassment, not a simple smidsy or the like. So yes, fair game.
  • If you are in uniform you fair game to be sacked I guess. Interesting they have cameras in/on all their vehicles. Probably to stop them doing foreigners.

Surprised he inst facing criminal charges for assault with a deadly weapon or something similar.Or at least Dangerous driving,not sure if car is classed as deadly weapon.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    How dumb must you be to do something like that when, not only does your car have the company name on the side but is recording your driving as well.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    downfader wrote:

If I, in my work gear and uniform, went and threatened another human being with danger or violence, or gave them abuse, I would also be fired from my job. Drving the company vehicle should also have the same come-back if serious enough. :?

To me this was deliberate harassment, not a simple smidsy or the like. So yes, fair game.
    Indeed. One of my favourite repostes to drivers is, "You know you've got your employer's name on the side of your van, right?" This can elicit a "**%!" sort of response, but more often or not causes them to beetle off...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    downfader wrote:

+1.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    If you are in uniform you fair game to be sacked I guess. Interesting they have cameras in/on all their vehicles. Probably to stop them doing foreigners.

Surprised he inst facing criminal charges for assault with a deadly weapon or something similar.Or at least Dangerous driving,not sure if car is classed as deadly weapon.

Whether car is a deadly weapon or not is irrelevant unless he was driving it in the USA.

There is no offence of assault with a deadly weapon in the UK
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Where's that form you can fill in on the roadsafe website .

I want forms to fill in, it's the way forward :)

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Good.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    https://secure.met.police.uk/roadsafelondon/ - the form

Less than 200 incidences reported so far, and the website has been up and running for months.. report them!!
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    spen666 wrote:
    Better not tell me where you live then, Spen. :D

Eats, shoots and leaves......
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    spen666 wrote:
    Better not tell me where you live then, Spen. :D

Eats, shoots and leaves......

Apparently, I live under the Troll Bridge :twisted:

We only have assaults here, Common Assault, ABH, GBH, GBH with intent then Attempt Murder, Manslaughter and Murder
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • downfader
    I dont know many weapons that aint potentially deadly. :lol: Bit of a paradoxical statement aint it.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,417
    downfader wrote:
    I dont know many weapons that aint potentially deadly. :lol: Bit of a paradoxical statement aint it.

I think you mean tautological.

I'll stop being a knowall now.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • downfader
    rjsterry wrote:
    downfader wrote:

I think you mean tautological.

I'll stop being a knowall now.

You're prolly right mate. Dont know why I put "paradoxical" now. :oops: