brake calipers with nut fitting

rendo
rendo Posts: 194
edited April 2010 in Road general
Looking for a front one of these, anyone recommend a decent brake with this type of fitting

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Deep or short drop? Tekro dual divot are very good value for money and work well.If they do not do a nut fit.I have some used Shimano deep drop {pair of} calipers only.Nut fit.Yours for £18.50 including post.
    bagpuss
  • rendo
    Don't need them to be deep drop, do you know what type you have. So long as the drop isn't to long I may take them.
  • bagpusscp
    I will have a look in the shed in the morning and see what else I have.I know shimano are made your touring bike with mudguards using 700c wheels.Do you ned dual pivot? as I have loads of side pull calipers.I will PM you with details on Wednesday.
    bagpuss
  • rendo
    bagpusscp
    Ideally dual pivot brakes, a bit of background
    i have just removed a pair of wienmann side pulls, which i can't live with any longer. in a rush i bought a set of 105 brakes but didn't consider the fixing. the frame doesn't allow for allen bolts, i now have the front 105 on the rear as the centre bolt is long enough to secure with a nut. i could order a second 105 front, which i can get for about £15-£20 and drill out the rear of the fork crown to accept an allen nut.
    The frame, some old steel thing, which i resurrected for commuting, before the brakes frightened me, seems ok for normal reach brakes. normal reach seems to be about 39-49, with long reach about 47-57mm so there is not much overlap.
  • bagpusscp
    I think the shimano would do you fine .
    Pictures here.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N00/4499792864/
    I will fit some new nuts. :)
    bagpuss
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    You can drill out the fork hole with an 8mm drill bit to accept an allen key fitting.

Drilling out the rear bridge is pretty much impossible though - a dremel would do it, if you have one.
  • elcani
    elcani Posts: 280
    Drill the fork, it's easy.

Cheers.