Seat Post cervelo
Seat Post Clamp:

Cranks: Sram Force
Chainring(s): Sram Force 53 39
Chain: Sram Force
Cassette: Sram Force 11-26
Pedals: Look keo carbon
Bottom Bracket: truvativ

Front Wheel: Planet x model b (Carbon pro 50 on race day)
Rim: Px model b
Spokes: px model b
Hub: px model b
Tube: yes
Tire: Bontrager race lite

Back Wheel: Model B (pro carbon 50 on race day)
Rim: Model B
Spokes: " "
Hub: " "
Tube: yes
Tire: Bontrager race lite

Accessories: 2 carbon cages and boardman computer

Weight: Hopefully between 16.5 and 17

All built now but im waiting to put a decent pic up as my phones crap :)

Comments

• BensBike.jpg

BensBike02.jpg

BensBike06_small.jpg

I've had quite a few bikes over the years but this is my favourite so far...
  • That's a lot of seat post :shock:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    Very nice - I really like the colour scheme of the 2010 S1 - like your choice of components too - but I would have chosen black bar tape to go with the seat .... and I would have gone 3t for the bars and stem - but it's a great looking bike.

Did you get a final weight? My all aluminium Specialized Allez Elite is 20lbs at the moment - so a finished weight of 16.5 to 17 for your S1 sounds good.

Enjoy.
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • I managed to get tha carbon bars and FSA stem for £50 from my LBS, I was trying to bring the full build in under £1699 (the price i saw it for with ulegra sl and some heavy easton parts)
    It's the camera angle that makes the seat post look so big, its a 58 and im 6ft with a 34 inside leg, Theres actually loads left inside the bike and i have a few inches before its at its limit.
    Havent got an exact weight but its below 17 pounds so im happy.

Maybe black bar tape in the future.
  • ScottieP
    If you managed to get it all for £1699 then I think you've done really well. I'd have thought you'd be doing well to go under £1800 for that spec. Anyway - I think it looks great - enjoy. I'd be interested in how you find the ride quality - particularly over less than perfect road surfaces.
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    What size frame is that ? thats a lot of seatpost showing :?
  • ScottieP wrote:
    If you managed to get it all for £1699 then I think you've done really well. I'd have thought you'd be doing well to go under £1800 for that spec. Anyway - I think it looks great - enjoy. I'd be interested in how you find the ride quality - particularly over less than perfect road surfaces.

It rides great, i had two madones before it, both with dura ace and a planet x sl pro before them and this feels better.
    It's all about the fit, i read the reviews and i couldn't be happier. It suits my riding style.
    If your more of a power rider this bike is great.. I love it.
  • ScottieP
    I've heard lots of good things about them - but I've never heard they're a comfortable ride on rough (read British) roads.... Am always hoping someone will tell me that they're actually pretty comfortable ... it hasn't happened yet though.
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Have you measured the drop from saddle to bars? looks HUGE!! :shock:
  • The saddle is 11cm higher..

I did 65 miles on sunday with plenty of climbs and it was very comfy..

I bought the bike for racing, there are two guys in my club with bikes that have bars and saddle at pretty much the same height, a boardman pro carbon and an s-works specialized and they both race and have no issues either.
    I had a performance fit madone and i hated it, i spend a lot of time on the drops and this bike feels great for me.
    I really dont like sportive style bikes at all, i like to be fast and aero.
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Wasn't criticising, just interested as I'm working on my first self-build atm. I think the pics perhaps make the drop look bigger than it is. Glad you're enjoying the ride :D
  • I think the sloping top tube does make it look larger than it is.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • ScottieP
    I did 65 miles on sunday with plenty of climbs and it was very comfy..

Thanks for the feedback - and hope you continue to enjoy it as much as you are.
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    Niiiiiccee!!

Really nice.... how much did you spend?
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice. I like that.

I thought I'd settled on a CAAD9 but an S1 build or a Six Carbon keep coming back at me.
  • I spent just under £1700 and im happy, i wanted to get it cheaper, lighter and higher spec than this one.. (i got the frame from here though)

http://www.thetristore.com/view_product ... ke=Cervelo
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    Their offer looks good value....ultegra etc for £1700. Tempted but my wife would throw it under a bus - nothing against Cervelos you understand, just me having three bikes in the house (one bedroom flat actually).
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Bike looks fabby, quite jealous actually! How comfy is the toupe saddle?
  • The toupe saddle is very comfy, thats one of the items i didnt put a budget on..
  • nanoblade
    nanoblade Posts: 17
    How did you manage to build this up so cheap. I'm currently attempting to do something similar but can't find the frame for less than £899, and the force groupset is £629. So the cost without wheels (inc bar, stem, saddle) would be £1700!
  • Frame £899
    groupset £629
    Planet x calipers £50 then i sold the sram force ones for £120 taking the groupset price down to £559
    Wheels £99
    Bar and stem £50 With tape
    Tires and tubes £40
    Saddlle £57

I was trying to make it as light and cheap as possible, i was trying to buy the groupset without callipers as they retail at £160 and i knew i could could get ones that weighed less and cost less. I had to get the groupset with callipers but i knew i'd make some money back on them.
    I could have saved a little more on the bars and stem.

Once i had the frame, groupset and wheels i knew it would be easy to get the rest cheap. The one thing was willing to pay for was the toupe saddle, you could get a decent saddle for less than half the price of that. Charge make some great ones.

I can't recoment this bike highly enough, i've had 2 madones a planet x sl pro and bianchi 928 c2c. I also got to use a boardman pro carbon for a while (which i was very close to buying) and i find this better than any of them.. The boardman would be 2nd.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    I want one of these. I found it hard to consider paying £900 for an aluminium frame over carbon in the same price bracket, but it sounds like its worth it?

You may have convinced me.
  • Quality aluminium is better than cheap carbon (Or so they say)
    I just like good fitting stiff fast bikes and i'm not bothered which material it is... The cervelo is the best bike i've ever had, and i've had a few.

If you can go and take a look at one in a shop, sit on one... Its a damn fine bike! if you get it you wont regret it. :D
  • TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy Posts: 41
    I spent just under £1700

:o That is pretty much my dream bike, but i never thought i would be able to afford it, i may have to copy your build there mate :D

i have a contact that can get me a frame for 700 as well :D
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    If i did it again i would keep the sram callipers and not bother with the planet x ones.
    I have since added some sweet carbon t3 bars from planet x for £35.

After seeing some race action and doing many miles on this bike this bike i feel confident in saying it truly is great!
    I rode my great mate's boardman team carbon back from a club run the other day and that was my other choice... That would be a second choice but i still prefer the cervelo...You cant argue with a Lifetime guarantee on the frame either!
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Very, very nice. Like pitchshifter I just didn't dare drop nearly £1k on an alluminium frame when I was looking recently. Whenever I go to Corley's cycles I see one very similar and I do lust after it even though I love my Look.
  • TheBikeBoy
    do you know the final weight?
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    It weighs between 16.5 and 17 lbs.
  • TheBikeBoy
    thats seriously low for aero aluminium, there's plenty of upgrade options as well what with sram red ceramic bb and rear mechs available :D i'm converted. that is my future bike :)