Gaaaahhh!!!!!!

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Raining a bit this morning, but still a lovely day for it. Finally managed to get my clothing choice just-right, was really enjoying myself. Until....

Coming down the one fast-descent on my commute I pass over a load of loose stones, the front p*******, bugger, so I stop. Just as I get the front wheel off hear air rushing from the rear. I change the front tube and re-inflate with no problems, change the rear attach my last CO2 cartridge, start to inflate (7 minutes in total, front and back, by the roadside) and almost cry as I hear it all escaping from a hole in the new tube.

Cue the mile and a half walk home, a quick change and a commute by car. At least the traffic was OK, but I'll be a grumpy bugger of an elephant today.

Comments

• nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I feel your pain!

As a newbie commuter I was testing a route into London from the south-east. Made it half-way at about the 5 mile mark, then I noticed that I was slowing even though I was peddling hard!

Stopped, leant forward, pressed the tire, GAH! it's soft and going down.

So I changed it and was fed up and came back home, and was even more fed up because the wind was in my face, and I had to deal with a horrid hill that I've never tried before! *throws arms in the air*
  • nich wrote:
    I feel your pain!

As a newbie commuter I was testing a route into London from the south-east. Made it half-way at about the 5 mile mark, then I noticed that I was slowing even though I was peddling hard!

Stopped, leant forward, pressed the tire, GAH! it's soft and going down.

So I changed it and was fed up and came back home, and was even more fed up because the wind was in my face, and I had to deal with a horrid hill that I've never tried before! *throws arms in the air*

At least when you pressed the tyre it actually was going flat though, it's even worse when it's not and you realise you're just plain rubbish. ;)

Don't give up though When it actually all works, it so much nicer than any other form of transport.