AIRBORNE LANCER

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited April 2010 in Your road bikes
Finally brought my Airborne Lancer down from the loft, yeah I know that's a bit embarrassing.
The reason is that I do suffer from a chronic back problem so do have periods when I can't ride especially in cold weather.
The back problem is also the reason for the upright and relaxed set up. Along with the titanium frame I do find it a lot more forgiving.
Now it's down I've got plenty to work with [about 95 kg].
Apologies if I've gone over the top with pics.

P1050643.jpg

P1050646.jpg

P1050645.jpg

P1050648.jpg

P1050649.jpg

P1050651.jpg

P1050652.jpg

Comments

• tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Don't apologise bud, that's a nice looking bit of kit.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    What kind of pedals are they?
  • ascurrell
    Basically the pedals are old ones but haven't been used much. I picked them up on ebay last year [previously had white ones on another bike].
    They are Look, not sure of model number but will try and find out.

They take the Delta cleats but also are double sided which is handy if you just want to pop out quickly.

I must be honest I've got three or four pairs of these and would you believe I am selling some Look PP 247 'S on ebay at moment, I must get into the 21st century.

Cheers, Alan
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    That is a lovely looking bike, Im not usually a fan of TI, but I would happily ride that about with a big smile on my face.

Minus those pedals!
  • ascurrell
    Hi Squill, thanks for the nice comments appreciated.

I took a look at yours, is the Boardman a special edition ? It's a beaut, they seem to get top reviews.
    Just one thing missing, that's my lovely pedals they would colour match the rest of your bike beautifully.
    Seriously I have had other pedals, the bike has just come out of hibernation and these pedals are ideal when setting the bike up, popping down the road to check it out.

If I got some newer ones what would you recommend, mid price range.

Regards, alan
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    I think most pedlas are much of a muchness TBH. I run Mavic Race ones on both my bikes, but I got them for £50 a paid, instead of £100. I wouldnt have paid the full RRP.

I used Keo's and liked them, Time get good reviews.

I wouldnt spend over the £50 mark unless I was going speedplay, which are next on my list of things to try, but I cant see how they are that much better than the other pedals I have used.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    ascurrell wrote:
    Basically the pedals are old ones but haven't been used much. I picked them up on ebay last year [previously had white ones on another bike].
    They are Look, not sure of model number but will try and find out.

They take the Delta cleats but also are double sided which is handy if you just want to pop out quickly.

I must be honest I've got three or four pairs of these and would you believe I am selling some Look PP 247 'S on ebay at moment, I must get into the 21st century.

Cheers, Alan

Don't suppose you have an PP236s you don't want do you? thanks. I am still using these with delta cleats, I'm a bit like you, old sort still good to me ....