Free goodies from Woolies

Comments

• FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    I can't work out where to type the codes - i've got to the part where it's asking me for my card details and to confirm payment and there's not been an option. Can you let me know if i've got to fill them in or will I get charged full whack if I do that.

Have they discovered the trick and stopped it?
    us0.png
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Just go through checkout, there a section where you can enter the code.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • FeynmanC
    After i've put in my card details?
    us0.png
  • FeynmanC wrote:
    After i've put in my card details?

No before that. Did you register ?
  • Thanks for the link, Supersonic. A new Wii-mote for less than half-price is too good to pass up. Kids will be stoked. :D
  • FeynmanC
    Yup - registered, tried it several times. Never had any boxes to put in promotion codes on any try, and i did it on 2 computers and tried using firefox AND IE.

Weird - i must have been being stoopid but I just couldn't see it.
    us0.png
  • FeynmanC wrote:
    Yup - registered, tried it several times. Never had any boxes to put in promotion codes on any try, and i did it on 2 computers and tried using firefox AND IE.

Weird - i must have been being stoopid but I just couldn't see it.

Once you've registered, there should be a promotion code box in the "Checkout" screen.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Apparantly they are ringing people telling them their order is cancelled if they have used the £15 off thing
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Hmmmm, just used the codes, we shall see what happens!
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    Just had a call from the Customer Service Department to say that the codes are not applicable to Woolworths.co.uk accounts but are only for new accounts opened through "very.co.uk" (formerly Littlewoods Direct).
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    What was the number they called you from I got a call from 08448224432 soon after I mad an order but didn't answer it because I was driving.
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    The number displayed as "Private Number Calling". I answered as this is sometimes what shows up when my wife phones me from work.

• gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    They rang me.. it seams the only code that isn't valid is the free delivery.. the woman on the phone tried to argue with me about how i got the code, i told her i don't have to tell her...

She said she could put my order through with just the £15 saving and i said go ahead.

She rings me back a few mins later, we need your card details to do this... (same woman on the phone) i politely hanged the phone up!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    No one has rang me yet, that's a big f**k up if the codes work on their system and they shouldn't, they should honour it, it's not our fault the codes worked, do they think people won't share thinsg about like that these days tut tut tut
  • lost_in_thought
    Well, I've received an order confirmation and no phone call as yet. We shall see...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    You know if I wanted to collect a lot of personal details including credit card info quickly.......

Even if not used for fraud personal qualified details ie called you back are worth a lot of money :)

just saying!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Paul E
    Well, I've received an order confirmation and no phone call as yet. We shall see...

Same as me, I just ordered what I did on a whim, so no tears if I don't get it either way
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    I've just checked my woolworths account and it says my order has been canceled but does not give a reason. I've sent them an email asking them to explain them selves.
  • My order has been dispatched. Now I have to wait to see what they charge me. 8)
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Just received my order - Lego for my son (honestly, it's for him). So it seems to have worked OK.

Sub Total £ 40.00
    Total Discount £ -15.00
    Delivery £ 0.00
    Total Including Delivery £ 25.00
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a read of the updates on the original thread - all may not be as it seems (t and c)
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Checked my credit card statement - there is a debit of the original amount, and a credit of £15 - so all seems fine, and I've received the order.
  • Paul E
    It says my order have been dispatched when I checked my account on the woolies site
  • I placed an order 2 days ago, logged into my account tonight and tried to track the order and it says credit card rejected.

I guess it saves them making a telephone call eh?
  • Paul E
    Looks like they only caught a few going through their system and others got through
  • lost_in_thought
    Yep, I've got a 'paid out £19.00, paid in £15.00' on my account. Just wait and see if it arrives!