So... can Wiggle pull through?

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited April 2010 in MTB general
I'm off on Holiday on Tuesday, so have ordered a few bit from Wiggle in the hope that they'll be here when I get home....

They're all out of stock, but I emailed Wiggle asking when they'd get stock... to which they replied "5 -7 days".... perfect! :D

But... I have a bit of a scary premonition that this might turn into a winstanley-esqe "out-of-stock" fail order.

Hmph I bloody hope not!

Anyone had any dealing with Wiggle and their out of stock purchases?

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Think so, and as always, they were perfect. Everything they said came true, blah blah blah. If it wasn't for the haribo, wiggle would be the most boring company ever. They always do exactly what they say they will.
  • Yep, a few times.

Things that are stated as 5-7 days came within about 4 days & even things that stated by the end of the next month came within a week on a couple of occasions, always excellent service from Wiggle, would never hesitate to order from them, in fact a couple of orders are going their way today from me :D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - apart from not always being the cheapest (even with "Platinum" discount) Wiggle are fantastic. Ordered some leg warmers with free delivery the other day and they arrived 2 days later - this being the Highlands (and, as far as most companies are concerned, clearly not part of the UK and DEFINITELY not part of the mainland (WTF?)) that's splendid.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    I ordered a brake lever that said 5-7 days and it took over 2 weeks to come
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I don't use them usually, I find them uncompetitive virtually every time. But I ordered a 2L bladder Friday evening off them and was a bit baffled the order wasn't processed on the Saturday. guess processing only takes place Monday - Friday.
  • blister pus
    And JeJames are on my spastic sh!t list for the "out of stock" trick atm.
  • Yup - apart from not always being the cheapest (even with "Platinum" discount) Wiggle are fantastic. Ordered some leg warmers with free delivery the other day and they arrived 2 days later - this being the Highlands (and, as far as most companies are concerned, clearly not part of the UK and DEFINITELY not part of the mainland (WTF?)) that's splendid.

Agreed wiggle is not always the cheapest but they are consistent and reliable.

I also get 4% cashback on wiggle, 4% on chainreaction and 5% on evans cycles If you use the link in my sig you can sign up for cashback@ topcashback. Often brings the price down cheaper than other sites and allows me to buy more bike bits with the savings :)

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Mmmmm, I agree that Wiggle are generally reliable, but some things are out of their control. I ordered some of the Charge/Wiggle stuff when they released it. They said 7-10 days for stock, which eventually turned into 6 weeks before I cancelled.

To be fair to them, they were very helpful, and the delays were out of their control. Still a PITA at the time though.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    I tend not to buy anything that isn't in stock @ Wiggle, I made that mistake a few years back with a Cateye computer and the days turned into a week and stock never arrived.
    Ironically I canceled the order and stock arrived a few days later..

I now have a [spare] rear mech hanger on back order, it's not a part I need in a hurry, but I do want one as a spare. I ordered it on March 31st.... now let's play the waiting game
  • hmmm ok cheers for the replies :)

Here's hoping I have a big box waiting for me when I get home!
  • Ive usually found wiggle to be the best at delivery. The worst Ive experienced is CycleStore. At christmas i ordered a jersey that said was in stock. Got an email saying it wasnt, ordered another and the same thing happened. They didnt even change the status of the stock for each jersey,
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I don't use them usually, I find them uncompetitive virtually every time. But I ordered a 2L bladder Friday evening off them and was a bit baffled the order wasn't processed on the Saturday. guess processing only takes place Monday - Friday.

I think it does, but also, it was a bank holiday. So they'll be back on it on Tuesday, even if you'd ordered at 5:01pm on Thursday they wouldn't have done anything until then.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • blister pus
    i think there's a delay in their electronics system. I got confirmation Sunday at about 7.00pm
  • blister pus
    I'm fully expecting it to turn up on the doorstep tomorrow or the day after to be fair.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    i think there's a delay in their electronics system. I got confirmation Sunday at about 7.00pm

fair enough, that's pretty good actually, it's like getting the email on Christmas day! :?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."