Could we be seeing more of these on our commutes?

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Found this link of obscure cars and MSN are almost poking fun at this new car:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/photos. ... 34&page=50

Now forgive me, but surely we need more like this. You're more vulnerable and more likely to drive cautiously. It'll save a shed load of fuel. It will be p*** easy to park. It takes up far less space on the road. It looks pretty funky considering.Oh and no ved iirc.

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    IIRC, they had one on Top Gear a while back. Jeremy Clarkson secretly liked it I think. :lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,417
    I keep seeing one of those scooter trike things on my commute: like one of the larger scooters, but with two wheels at the front. Sort of halfway between a normal scooter and one of that Lumeneo. Just the job for those who want to whizz around London (other cities available) if you don't want to get wet/a bit sweaty/all the other reasons people give for not cycling.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    couln't see the pic, what is it?

Saw a Gwiz or whatever they are called on my commute last Thurday before Bank Holiday.
    FCN = 4
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    White Line wrote:
    IIRC, they had one on Top Gear a while back. Jeremy Clarkson secretly liked it I think. :lol:

Was that the 3 wheeler?

they went out of business :( i liked it as well
    FCN 3/5/9
  • downfader
    White Line wrote:

Nah this is a new car. The Clarkson fave (where he drove through the offices of the Beeb) was an old car from the 60s iirc. Had a moped engine, this is electric.
  • couln't see the pic, what is it?

It's a Smart with severe anorexia....
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Wonder what FCN it has, if it's electric it won't be that swift
  • downfader
    Paul E wrote:
    Wonder what FCN it has, if it's electric it won't be that swift

80mph. Not sure of the acceleration. Its 450kg.. all those batteries.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Okay quite swift but at that speed the range will be a bit limited, and bloody hell it weighs nearly half the weight of my car.
  • stickman
    stickman Posts: 791
    More like a motorquadrike than a car, for people who don't want to cycle and be fit they should get this.
    Bikes, saddles and stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21720915@N03/
    More stuff:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65587945@N00/

Gears - Obscuring the goodness of singlespeed
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    downfader wrote:
    White Line wrote:

Nah this is a new car. The Clarkson fave (where he drove through the offices of the Beeb) was an old car from the 60s iirc. Had a moped engine, this is electric.

they had the new one on as well, his wife had driven him back from a party in it....
  • downfader
    downfader wrote:
    White Line wrote:

they had the new one on as well, his wife had driven him back from a party in it....

Will have to google later. Must have missed the new one.
  • mark1964
    mark1964 Posts: 54
    I hope not. They'll be squeezing down the cycle lanes, you watch :?
    "Anything for a weird life"

Zaphod Beeblebrox