Anyone used Purple Bike Shed?

ads4
ads4 Posts: 698
edited April 2010 in MTB general
I've booked my bike in for this Thursday to have a full strip down, service and some new bits fitted. Spoken to the boss, Andy, who seems like a really top bloke, does tuition at Swinley and collects and delivers bikes that are booked in for servicing...wondered if anyone else in the Hampshire/Surrey area has used him?

http://www.purplebikeshed.com/index.htm
Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0

Comments

• ads4
    Obviously no one then!!

Well, Andy came and picked up my bike from work on Weds and dropped it off again today...full strip and rebuild and full checklist, very cheap and a great guy. I am going to make the most of his tuition at Swinley over the next couple of months for sure :)
    Adam.

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ah, I have but haven't...
    I did a 50KM event last June and the PBS provided the roving mechanic functions at the Test Valley event.
    The tech guy was brilliant, after a major off he helped me straighten a few odds and sods out to get me to the finish and yes I did finish..
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Andy's service levels are great. If he was closer I'd take my bike there more often but he's been great when I've used him. Last time I sat there while he did the work and he kept me well supplied with tea while we chatted and he worked (I took my bike to him).

Recommended if you need anything done and don't have the time, skills or space to do it yourself.
  • ads4
    Brilliant to hear the above, I thought it was just me :)
    Really impressed by the PBS, will be going there in the future for sure. Andy had an issue with the Hope BB and the Truvativ crankset and sorted the problem with a .5mm spacer but not before consulting both Hope and Trek (UK Gary Fisher importer)....excellent service IMO. 8)
    Adam.