My HiFi

monkeylizard
monkeylizard Posts: 155
edited April 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Well now that my first stage of upgrading/blinging is (almost) complete, I thought I'd show off a few piccies. I fully appreciate that the HiFi is a bit of a Marmite bike - I'm not sure if I've scraped some of the Marmite off, or added an extra helping... :lol:

It started off like this:

hi_fi_plus.jpg

And is now more like this:

IMG_0927.jpg

The most recent additions are...

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

Things that are now on the bike that weren't originally are:

Bontrager Race bars
Bontrager Race 5mm offset seatpost
Easton EA30 70mm stem
Race Face Good & Evil grips
Hope Space Doctor spacers
DMR V8 pedals
Stan's ZTR355s on Hope Pro II hubs
SRAM PG990 cassette
2.25 Nobby Nics
Hope skewers

A (red, obviously) Hope seatclamp is currently on order.

Planned upgrades:

New shifters (probably XTs to replace the Deores - I did fancy some of the X0 Redwins, but I don't think I could be without the bi-directionalness of the Shimanos)

New brakes (currently Juicy 3s - confused as to what to go for; thinking maybe Hopes...?)

The only thing that probably won't get changed at any point is the forks as they're some 'custom offset Fisher geometry' design, which I assume would make a complete Horlicks of the handling if I changed them for standard ones...?

Any comments, thoughts, abuse or suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• good looking bike
    where did you get those red nobby nics?
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Looking good...I love Marmite and love my Hifi :) Funnily enough I have some X0 bits going on mine this week (though gold)!

Love the red Nics, red saddle would look pretty good too ;)

Prologo scratch?

prologo-scratch-pro-ts-ind.jpg
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • Thanks for the kind words.

The Nics came from Next Day Tyres - I think they were £34 each. Schwalbe make ones with red, white, or silver shoulders as well as the standard ones.

It would be nice to swap the saddle, but part of me wants to keep the white one as the bike might look a bit weird if I have to keep the forks and they're the only white things on it... :?

Your HiFi is looking very good, Ads4... it will be nice to see some pics when you have all the gold X0 fitted :)
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Thanks mate. I do think a red saddle would look good though, the white forks will always pick up the white lettering on the frame :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • Mmmmm, as I've told Ads4 several times before, these are one of my fave Bikes. Those are some quality upgrades you've got there too.
  • Ads4 wrote:
    Thanks mate. I do think a red saddle would look good though, the white forks will always pick up the white lettering on the frame :)

I like your thinking. Sounds like the perfect excuse.... sorry, reason :)
  • smashing looking bike ... but then I'm biased .. I have a Hifi Pro 29er ;)