Ribble 7005

tonyw43
tonyw43 Posts: 249
edited April 2010 in Your road bikes
P1010086.jpg

Finally finished it, something quite therapeutic and fulfilling about building your own bike from a frame upwards.

Frame: Ribble 7005
Forks: Alpina Carbon Race
Bars: Standard
Stem: Deda Logo
Headset: Alpina 45x45 Hidden
Bar Tape: Deda

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Tiagra
Front Caliper: Shimano Tiagra
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Tiagra
Rear Caliper: Shimano Tiagra

Shifters: Shimano Tiagra STI
Cables: Shimano
Front Mech: Shimano Tiagra 31.8 Band On
Rear Mech: Shimano Tiagra GS

Seat: ProRide
Seat Post: Standard
Seat Post Clamp: Standard

Cranks: Shimano Tiagra Hollowtech 2
Chainring(s): 34/50
Chain: Shimano HG53
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra HG 50 11/25
Pedals: Shimano 105
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Tiagra

Front Wheel: Standard
Rim: Standard
Spokes: Standard
Hub: Standard
Tube: Standard
Tire: Michelin Speedium

Back Wheel: Standard
Rim: Standard
Spokes: Standard
Hub: Standard
Tube: Standard
Tire: Michelin Speedium

Accessories: Edge 705

Comments

• ravoire
    ravoire Posts: 18
    You're right Tony, no better feeling. The less you have to rely on anybody for anything the more fulfilled you become. Well done.
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    She's a beaut mate, superb colour co ordination.
    A self build to be proud of
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    How does Ribble sizing compare to other frame sizes? According to the Ribble bikebuilder gizmo I need a 52cm frame yet my Tricross is a 56 c-top.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    redvee wrote:
    How does Ribble sizing compare to other frame sizes? According to the Ribble bikebuilder gizmo I need a 52cm frame yet my Tricross is a 56 c-top.

Depends which frame you are talking about.

The horizontal winter frame sizing means you need to take a size 4cm smaller. I ride a 50cm winter trainer which is roughly equivalent to a 54cm (CAAD9/Spesh/etc)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

Depends which frame you are talking about.

The horizontal winter frame sizing means you need to take a size 4cm smaller. I ride a 50cm winter trainer which is roughly equivalent to a 54cm (CAAD9/Spesh/etc)

It was the blue winter frame I was looking at on a certain auction site. Frame is local, now at £40 :) but a 57cm :( Looks like I'll have to either buy brand new or keep my eyes open for a bargain again.

Thanks for the advice.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Are you sure it's a winter horizontal frames? Cus they don't seem to make them in 57cm, they only seem to do even numbers.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    My old frame was a sloping top tube at 50cm. This frame, with the horizontal top tube is the 54cm.
  • redvee
    Are you sure it's a winter horizontal frames? Cus they don't seem to make them in 57cm, they only seem to do even numbers.

Looks like somebody can't measure a frame correctly, have fired a question to the seller. Still think it might be too big though.

It's a 58cm :( Too big :(:(
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I have a ribble 56 winter frame and TT frame both of them come in about the same as my slopping 56 cm Trek 1.7

Then again i'm not in the school of massive extended seatposts, I also have a 54cm Dolan CX which also fits very well.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.