2»

Comments

• shaunybee
    shaunybee Posts: 35
    mcmullej wrote:
    shaunybee wrote:
    benjidays
    mcmullej
    Let me know if another night ride is on - I av me lights!
    S

Tonight, Tuesday 8pm start from The Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.

We did about 90 mins out towards Wheathampsted last week. Plan is for something slightly longer tonight. Maybe Ayot Greenway & Brocket Hall.

Weather was looking really good for tonight.. until just now. Oh, hang on, suns out again.

We're a friendly, informal, very mixed bunch. Just pop along and say hello.

Thanks - will try and make it (as long as they let me leave work on time!!)
  • shaunybee
    Sorry - you had an awesome night for it I think? I couldn't make it last night - will keep any eye open and make the next I can. I think I need to try to fit the lights on my bike too first. My aplogies for being a bit scattered but my wife is 9 months pregnant and I don't get the free time I would usually get as she is struggling looking after our other little one as well.

Hope you all enjoyed it!
    S
  • Cat7
    Cat7 Posts: 2
    Great ride on Sunday Lee & Shaun- I thought i knew most of the routes round there!

I'll be out Saturday and Sunday morning if anyone wants to meet up.

J
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    I'll be out at Chicksands tonight if anyone is about
  • shaunybee
    Sorry not for me as all that jumping and no pedalling makes me feel a little weirded out .. :)

Enjoy!
  • dagzin
    dagzin Posts: 70
    i be at chicksand tommrow (thrusday) if anyone for it???
  • patchesuk
    patchesuk Posts: 96
    Hey Fella,

I used to live in Harpenden (theres a little jumps/ play area just in the woods heading to harpenden... on the left side as you leave St Albans... very small but if you can ride to them, they have 30mins to an hours worth of time killing!)

Just moved to Baldock... I ride Dh mostly at the moment... but am kitted out for just about any time of riding... PM if you want to go for a ride.

I mostly do trips to the chicksands, forest of dean and aston hill.
    Clint.
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • bungalistic
    If any of you are out at chicksands or maybe woburn next week one evening let me know and i'll come up after work, or possibly sometime this weekend also.
  • shaunybee
    I am going to do an early morning spin over to symondshyde woods if anyone fancies it??
  • patchesuk
    bungalistic: I could be up for a mid week session at Chicksands... after work of course... when are you thinking?

Otherwise I'm heading over to aston hill tomorrow morning to mid afternoon.... teh Dh is going to be riding pretty fast I reckon!
  • bungalistic
    Midweek trip to Chicksands sounds good, I usually go on wednesday as it is a free night for me, but can do others if that is no good for you.

I haven't been aston hill yet might try get there next weekend sometime if I can, it looks pretty good.
  • benjidays
    benjidays Posts: 69
    yeah bung wanna go aston hill this wekend its wicked apart from the push up.were you living,i can drive if you want ,put bikes in van early start though 8.30 gissa shout lee
  • lala1181
    lala1181 Posts: 13
    hiya guys,

Im in harlow, looking for buddies to go riding with. Anyone know of any girls that go riding out and about in herts/ essex. As will prob struggle to keep up with the guys, but willing to give it a go.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    a few of us are riding from burnham green tonight for a bimble starting at 7pm from the white horse pub :)
  • lala1181
    lala1181 Posts: 13
    cheers jedi

but little short notice plus gotta sort my bike out as screws are busted when i tried to switch the brakes and gears over today!!! doh!

if any rides going on over the weekend, could u let me know?
  • Jedi
    we only sorted it yesterday. next tuesday will be a bimble from farmers boy, brickendon green
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    This is our route from last night.
  • shaunybee
    mcmullej wrote:
    This is our route from last night.
    That's why my legs are hurting now ... ;)

Thanks! Won't be able to make it Saturday I guess (mrs wants me to finish the baby's room!) - but I might be able to make a jaunt on Sunday or Monday if anyone else is around?

Thanks!
  • Jedi
    we had a great ride. looking forward to next tuesdays farmers boy ride :)
  • bungalistic
    I'll be off chicksands tomorrow night, about 6.30
  • dagzin
    dagzin Posts: 70
    i be at chicksands today from 2pm :D
  • mcmullej
    edited May 2010
    8am tomorrow Saturday from The Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd, St Albans.

For a gentle pootle along the lanes and bridleways of South Herts.
  • benjidays
    benjidays Posts: 69
    anyone riding tomorrow nite r u out jolly sats let us no
  • mcmullej
    Jollies are go!

Tues night 8pm from The Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Rd.

Weather's not looking so good. Might be smaller crowd and/or shorter route, but we will ride.
  • shaunybee
    Sorry - I am on new baby support. No it is not here yet but the mrs is not able to walk/talk/eat etc without me now. Hopefully she will get it out this week! Enjoy. Will be back soon.

Thanks
    S
  • patchesuk
    I'm heading over to aston hill to do some DH probably tomorrow and sunday if anyone is about.