Edinburgh Cycles Revolution Cross Cyclocross bike

toybhoy
toybhoy Posts: 112
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
So I went to view the Scott Sub 30 today and had a wee ride but although I like the bike, I can;t help thinking how ugly it is. So the search continues......... :(

Considering joining the darkside and getting a cyclocross.

Only have £350 and it just so happens that Edinburgh has the Cross for £339!

Reckon this is a decent enough cyclocross bike?

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLq ... 155c018341

Anyone have one?

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Looks like a good spec for the price - cables seem to be oddly routed for a cross bike though
  • toybhoy
    Thanks Jay.

I went and tried it anyways today and have to say I absoluetly loved it. :D

Went for the 52cm though despite being a 54cm on my Felt Z35. The revolution cross seems to have a larger sizing but the 52cm felt comfortable.

Bike is fairly light and lively. Didnt think I would like the frog legs brakes but they weren't bad. The spec was decent with a mix of Shimano 2300 and Acera for the rear. Shifted fine on the bike I test drove.

The only thing I didnt like was the bar tapes. Quite thin and not very well cushioned that a minor upgrade to the Spesh Roubaix will sort that out easy enough.

All in all, a bargain for the £339 I paid! :D
  • toybhoy
    Oh and does this mean I get to wear a cape now? :D
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    They do have a good reputation, I'm a fan of Edinburgh cycles, they deserve the support of cyclists.

15% off this weekend, I'll be going down tomorrow to pick up a few goodies, it's one of the very few shops open on an easter Sunday , also the weather is supposed to be half decent. . :)

A good bike at a great price ... well done.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • I got one of those in January. I paid £349 though and that was in the sale. :cry: I have the 58 cm. I did think the colour was a bit naff when I ordered it, but when the time is right (ie I have some money) I will get brown saddle and bar tape which should improve the look enormously.
    I put some 28mm tyres on it for the summer as I mainly use it on roads.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    toybhoy wrote:
    Oh and does this mean I get to wear a cape now? :D

Yup.

Which size? We have a run on XXL at the moment. I think people wanted to try and fly in the wind recently....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter