Holmbury Hill Bike Thief Warning

Bignige
Bignige Posts: 223
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Hi all

Just a warning to all Surrey Hills regulars and visitors, there appears to be some low life thieving scum targeting the Royal Oak Pub car park in Holmbury St Mary!

My mates son had his brand new Meta 6 lifted from his dads bike rack while we where inside having a meal, and before you ask it wasn't locked on but that's not the point...to make matters worse the bike wasn't bought for him, he saved up all his pocket money and took on at least two part time jobs to fund the bike himself!!! :x

This appears to be a pattern as we have also since learnt that the same thing happened to someone else a couple of weeks ago in the same location.

I would have also taken this opportunity to let the twa*t that stole the bike know what I will do if and when I manage to get hold of him but I doubt this neanderthal can even read :evil:

Please make sure that you either lock the bikes to your racks if you use the pub after a ride or move your car out the front of the pub where it can be seen!!

(Very angry) Nige
Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition

Comments

• v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    In light of the above perhaps you should change your sig.
  • Bignige
    v23 wrote:
    In light of the above perhaps you should change your sig.

Seriously.........send him round to mine if you know him !!!!

• Bignige
    Hah v23.....just got what you're on about !! :roll:

Seriously though......it's bad enough that the bike was stolen, yet alone this kid worked so hard to be able to afford it!!

• Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    That's terrible. And heartbreaking for the lad as well.

We stopped there for a pint the other week....managed to get the little table in the corner overlooking the carpark - 3 bikes on the back of the motor but never out of site. Even so I could not fully relax.

I never let my bike out of my sight...
  • flob
    flob Posts: 6
    sorry to hear about that.
    For future reference consider buying a xena zz6 disc brake alarm, this is sensitive to movement and should fit a mtb disc (it fits my hopes) if someone touches your bike you will know and so will everyone local to it. i use it with the d lock, it does gives a little more peace of mind. someone is unlikely to hang around if the 120db alarm goes off