Current project 2 - Rebuilding 1995 Brian Rourke TT

Hibbs
Hibbs Posts: 291
edited April 2010 in Your road bikes
Over winter I dug out my old Brian Rourke custom TT bike from the mid-90's. It's still looking in decent condition, although there are a few scrapes from being in my parents' garage for about 13 years!

CIMG1927.jpg

CIMG1930.jpg

CIMG1932.jpg

Reynolds 753os tubing. Rear drop-outs are rear-facing so it can also be used on the track (used to use this for TTs (geared and fixed), individual and team pursuits), a custom one-off from Brian way back when. I'm going to get it built up to go on the road this year, but as I only dabble at TTs for training any upgrades will wait until Project Best has completed, and so I'm only spending what's absolutely necessary to get it on the road at the moment. It's got a Miche Primato track chainset at the moment, but with a Campag Centaur road chainset waiting to go on. I have 90's Ultegra components to go back on when cleaned up, all work fine. I am missing a left down-tube lever so I'll probably get some bar-end shifters, but if anyone has a spare left down-tube going spare please PM me! Carbon aero seatpost to go on, pro-lite saddle, Deda Due extensions on the way. I'll use the old Mavic lo-pro bars for now with a view to upgrading everything later on.

I used to have a matching custom track bike, but I sold it back around 1997. What a fool, I miss that now! If you've seen it on track somewhere or have it in your garage, please PM me, I could well be interested in buying it back!

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    CIMG1927.jpg
    CIMG1930.jpg
    CIMG1932.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    Cheers Aggie, just realised what was going wrong with the pictures!