"A fantastic cycling race on a mythical circuit" ?

Seb33
Seb33 Posts: 4
edited April 2010 in Amateur race
Hi everybody !

I'd like to know if somebody took part in the Le Mans 24 Hours Cycling race last year on the legendary Circuit Bugatti (France)???!!! I've already gone to this circuit for the Le Mans 24 Hours to attend the cars race and it was so magic!Was it also during the cycling race?

Apparently, we can constitute teams of 2-4-6 or 8 riders, and even be part of it solo!!!It's most probably an unforgettable experience!What was yours?

On the race's website (where I've found all these pieces of information sure!), it's said that we can customize our own shirts, with our logo, sponsor,...I think I would put on it a tree to remind everyone the global warming's burden!!! And you, what would you like to put on your batch shirts+cycling shorts?

I hope somebody is going to manage to finish to talk me into taking part in this race, by telling me that it's an event not to be missed!lol!Are some teams already formed?

I'm looking for your answers! :D Bye !

Comments

• MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    Whats the cost for entry? I could be talked into it... ;)
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Mythical Definition :
    1. Of or existing in myth: the mythical unicorn.
    2. Imaginary; fictitious.

Isnt there a 24 hour track event in the UK ? On a racecourse that DOES exist ? ;-)

Le Mans on a bike would be way different from the way it looks in a car. How long is each lap ?
  • Seb33
    MRadd, I've found price lists by team on the race's website (www.24heuresvelo.fr) :

- solo : 250€
    - pair : 400€
    - 4-rider team : 600€
    - 6-rider team : 700€
    - 8-rider team : 800€

Cougie, I'm sorry for the slip of the tongue, I'm French and don't totally master English ! I suppose "the legendary circuit" is more appropriate ?!

Precisely, I've known the Le Mans 24 Hours Cycling race by reading an article on the British Cycling's website about RIDE24, the Action Medical Research's 24-hour cycle race (which takes place at the Top Gear test track in Surrey on the week-end of 19-20 June). Indeed, the Le Mans race's organizers will offer a free team place for the 2010 event, on 21-22 August, to the RIDE24's winners !

Each lap is 2.6 miles (4.185 km) ! Last year, the winning team (4 riders) covered 587 miles (945 km) !
  • Seb33
    Have you had my responses, Mradd and Cougie? Have you learned other pieces of information about the Le Mans 24 hours Cycling race or RIDE24?
    Have you taken in part in such a race or cycling is just a leisure for you?