what video camera is Mark Beaumont using?

bice
bice Posts: 772
edited April 2010 in Tour & expedition
I have come across this series - and Mark beaumont - a bit late. Anyone know what video camera he is using? He seems to have to a decent mike attached. The image qulaity is excellent.

So good to see a travel documentary without a celebrity, a crappy script, tiresome music and arty photography from someone who would rather be doing something else. Just a sole, authorial voice. So much more authentic.

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Funny that you should ask that because I thought the same myself and have just looked it up!

It's a Canon HF200 high definition camcorder. He uses a clip on shotgun microphone (Canon DM-100) and the camcorder has a wide-angle lens fitted.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    It's definitely not an oregon scientific £50 job like mine. I am not sure what to do with the films I make on that. Nobody wants to watch them
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    ColinJ wrote:
    Funny that you should ask that because I thought the same myself and have just looked it up!

It's a Canon HF200 high definition camcorder. He uses a clip on shotgun microphone (Canon DM-100) and the camcorder has a wide-angle lens fitted.

I've got the Canon HG 20, which is the Hard drive version (or there abouts), and while they are very good, you need a monster PC to edit in full HD, and as yet I've only found one consumer level editor to work effectively with the AVCHD system (Corel Videostudio pro x3).
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Gotte wrote:
    I've got the Canon HG 20, which is the Hard drive version (or there abouts), and while they are very good, you need a monster PC to edit in full HD, and as yet I've only found one consumer level editor to work effectively with the AVCHD system (Corel Videostudio pro x3).
    I've been doing my research and quickly discovered that my 9 year old PC wouldn't stand a chance! So, it's not just a case of saving up for the camcorder, it means buying a powerful new PC too. Oh, and a bigger, better monitor... That'll take me a year or so and by then something even better will have come along...

It's pretty amazing what you can get for a few hundred pounds nowadays!