Beginner MTB courses in the Alps

Kassy
Kassy Posts: 2
edited April 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any week long courses in the alps for total beginners, want them to be technical rather than just cruising.

Me and my friend want to do the ride to Everest base camp, but we are road cyclists, so we throught we should learn to mountain bike... we are both chicks if that makes any difference to the courses

cheers

Comments

• stevomcd
    stevomcd Posts: 37
    Self-promoting here, but we run "Alpine First Timers" singletrack riding/coaching weeks in the Alps, check it out here:

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/sum_alpine_first_timers_coaching_weeks.htm

I'd still recommend that you try to do as much mountain bike riding as you can before you come out though!

Always happy to have girls along too! My wife does some of the guiding/coaching, it's not all gnarly-blokey.
    Mountain bike holidays in the French Alps - www.whiteroomchalet.com
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    "it's not all gnarly-blokey"

SteveO - We're booked in with you in early July - no one said anything about "gnarly-blokey".....are your telling me to get some insurance and sort out a will !? :) ((I am such a lightweight!))

Kassy - get to Trail centres like those in Wales as often as possible. It is practise, practise & more practise.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    learn the basics and become very comfortable riding and build up slowly :)
  • stevomcd
    stevomcd Posts: 37
    stomith
    SteveO - We're booked in with you in early July - no one said anything about "gnarly-blokey".....are your telling me to get some insurance and sort out a will !? Smile ((I am such a lightweight!))

Be afraid, be very afraid.... :twisted:

No really, will be all good. We take it at the pace you want to!
    Mountain bike holidays in the French Alps - www.whiteroomchalet.com