Long Haul Trucker or Brodie Elan

cnb
cnb Posts: 35
edited April 2010 in Tour & expedition
I'm thinking about a new touring bike and i'm considering either a surly lht or a brodie elan. I would be grateful for any advice on both, and does anyone know any brodie stockists in the uk...

Comments

• cycladelic
    cycladelic Posts: 641
    I have a Brodie 'Torque' that's about 10 years old now. I really like it - but I don't think they make it now. It's a steel-frame Mtn bike model.

Have you read this....
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/reviews/ ... 1&nested=0
    It's an uphill climb to the bottom
  • franko777
    franko777 Posts: 10
    I've been looking at all the options and I've definitely settled on getting a LHT. Everything I read just seems to be so positive.

I however can't quite decide what version to get. Think I need a 56cm frame but as I have ambitions to do a long tour through eastern Europe and possibly beyond I want to go for the 26" wheels version. The only thing holding me back is thinking whether it will look stupid with small wheels on this frame. Does anyone own a version who can say? Sorry for the hijack.
  • cnb
    cnb Posts: 35
    Thanks for the replies. I checked out the website and the lht looks and sounds like the bike i should go for,, I have not yet found a negative review on it. I must admit i was quite taken by the look of the brodie on their webpage, But! hows the saying go "all that is gold does not glitter...Sorry been reading the lord of the rings :-)