Ars v Barce

-liam-
-liam- Posts: 1,831
edited April 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone watching this ?

Jeez...If Almunia actually fails to save a shot at some point tonight, Arsenal are likely to lose 6-0!

Barcelona playing them off the pitch. I remember going to watch Barcelona pull Liverpool to bits in a European cup game years ago at Anfield. They was given a standing ovation by the Liverpool fans that night, very similar tonight.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Evening up a bit now though
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • -liam-
    Barcelona having a breather :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    :lol: they lasted all of 25 seconds in the second half

*opens floodgates*
  • -liam-
    :lol::lol:

I don't always like being right :lol:
  • CanalRider
    CanalRider Posts: 194
    oops
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • -liam-
    lol

2-2 and Barce down to 10 men.

I love football :lol::lol:
  • lawman
    WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

respect to arsenal for getting back into the game, but barca definitly slipped after the first goal went in, but i still think they'll wrap it up in the second leg
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I know nothing about football, right, but what the hell was Puyol sent off for? Just for existing? There was nothing in that, I've seen harder contact in yoga.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    I know nothing about football, right, but what the hell was Puyol sent off for? Just for existing? There was nothing in that, I've seen harder contact in yoga.

sent off on principal rather than a bad tackle. denying a strong goal scoring opertunity results in a straight red card, basically if a guy is highly likely to score, like fabregas last night and another player is judged to have deliberately and unfairly stopped him from scoring, then he is sent off
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    thats funny, as i thought carlos puyol got sent off for having the most ridiculous haircut known to man!
    lawman wrote:
    Northwind wrote:

sent off on principal rather than a bad tackle. denying a strong goal scoring opertunity results in a straight red card, basically if a guy is highly likely to score, like fabregas last night and another player is judged to have deliberately and unfairly stopped him from scoring, then he is sent off
  • Northwind
    lawman wrote:
    basically if a guy is highly likely to score, like fabregas last night and another player is judged to have deliberately and unfairly stopped him from scoring, then he is sent off

But he didn't really, did he?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    basically if a guy is highly likely to score, like fabregas last night and another player is judged to have deliberately and unfairly stopped him from scoring, then he is sent off

But he didn't really, did he?

well he stopped fabregas from taking the shot, so therefore is judged to have denyed a stone-wall goal scoring opurtunity. i can see the point in the rule, but soemtimes it is porrly executed. i reckon it was a penalty but the red was a little harsh imo, but rules are rules
  • Northwind
    lawman wrote:
    Well he stopped fabregas from taking the shot

By contesting for the ball :lol: The fact that Fabregas got tangled up with him is just football, it's not like Fabregas had it all under control is it?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • -liam-
    OMG!!!

Thought Walcott had blown it when he squared the ball :roll:
  • -liam-
    Oh...

As Brucey would say...

Good game Good Game!!

Bruce-Forsyth.jpg