Rockshox Dart 2 - Bit missing and bottom race ????

Avoneer
Avoneer Posts: 525
edited March 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,

Looking at my shock, looks like i've got the lockout adjuster missing.

Can anyone confirm and where can i get the spares, or is it broken and a new one won't fit?

Also, is the 2nd pic the lower race that will slide off with some gentle persuasion to reveal a flat base for my new race?

Thanks,

Pat...

missing%20knob%20(Small).JPG

lower%20race%20(Small).JPG
"Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pic 2 yes see the FAQs for how,

Pic 1 yes any sram dealer.

see Srams webby for a picture of the dial.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Avoneer
    Thanks - took me a while, but found the FAQ.

Just wanted to check as it looked very slimline and a part of the shock.

Any idea what sort of price a knob would be? (more than the shocks worth type scenario)....

Thanks,

Pat...
    "Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    Hi,
    you can get one from tftuned,a nice blue alloy one....

£28 in the rock shox fork parts follow link and scroll down.Named a compression knob,but does the same thing.

http://tftunedshox.co.uk/Catalogue/Shop ... pare-Parts
  • Avoneer
    Eeek - might have a go at knocking something up on the lathe at that price.

It's only a hex fitting with a c clip on top after all - should be able to come up with something.

Thanks,

Pat...