Trek 6500 disc 2010

pizzle
pizzle Posts: 11
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi i'm new to all this biking buisness and i'm just about to buy myself a trek 6500 2010. i have had a little browse through the forum but didn't seem to find anything on this particular model.

basicaly is it a good bike for the £1000 price tag?

ta

Comments

• Hi when I first started looking I looked at the 6500 then did some proper research and you can get better spec'd lighter bikes for the money, I was advised that the 6500 weighs in at 28.1lb/12.74kg, for £1k you can get a cube ltd race @ 11.5kg's with a nicer fork! Or if your not bothered about the brand and halfords theres the great boardman pro @ 10.9kg's!, I'm just waiting on my cyclescheme voucher i'm going for the cube!
  • rbrstr
    rbrstr Posts: 64
    pizzle wrote:
    Hi i'm new to all this biking buisness and i'm just about to buy myself a trek 6500 2010. i have had a little browse through the forum but didn't seem to find anything on this particular model.

basicaly is it a good bike for the £1000 price tag?

ta

In my opinion (i own one) no better than the 6300 which is 800 quid, if there are any stocks of 2009 6300's left they are a nicer colour scheme and only 675 quid
  • pizzle
    Hi when I first started looking I looked at the 6500 then did some proper research and you can get better spec'd lighter bikes for the money, I was advised that the 6500 weighs in at 28.1lb/12.74kg, for £1k you can get a cube ltd race @ 11.5kg's with a nicer fork! Or if your not bothered about the brand and halfords theres the great boardman pro @ 10.9kg's!, I'm just waiting on my cyclescheme voucher i'm going for the cube!

yeh i was looking at a cube but my local bike shop dosn't deal with them because there mail order!?

they only have 2010 models in stock now as well so unless i go further afield looks like i'll be getting the trek... its still a nice bike though
  • pizzle
    rbrstr wrote:
    In my opinion (i own one) no better than the 6300 which is 800 quid, if there are any stocks of 2009 6300's left they are a nicer colour scheme and only 675 quid

nope they sold all the 2009 stock a few weeks ago. bit of a shame because the extra £200 odd quid could'v got me all the other bits n bobs!
  • Yeah it's still a nice bike, looks great in the flesh and reasonable spec, the extra weight will only get you fitter lol
  • another great bike is the specialized rockhopper pro, its a plain looker but gr8 bike
  • pizzle
    Yeah it's still a nice bike, looks great in the flesh and reasonable spec, the extra weight will only get you fitter lol

exactly :wink: