Boot Mounted Car rack for Mini Cooper

mikeyh54
mikeyh54 Posts: 18
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Have a mini cooper (the newer models, not the tiny ones you drive with your knees :) )

I have tried buying a car rack from Halfords before and after lots of discussion with their staff they sold me a rack which wouldn't secure to the car and I had to return them.

Does anybody know of a decent boot rack which can be used with a mini, preferably without having to buy an additional registration plate and lightboard?

Thanks.

Comments

• dov2711
    dov2711 Posts: 131
    This can be done as I have seen photos online though they tend to be from America. Mini 2 forum has some threads on this. Problem is the eye level light/roof fin.

Ways round it:

BMW sell a rear carrier which is yours for a comedy price.

Buy a carrier that hitches onto a tow bar-nice but expensive

I have a roof rack fitted which is a Halfords roof mount carrier for 2 bikes coupled with Thule roof bars. It has been the best bit of kit I have bought as the freedom its given for us to drive say 30 miles and tackle new routes has been key in keeping our selves challenged.

Im happy to forward you pics if this helps Pm if required. Not sure if its just the mini but there is an annoying whistle from the door seal at certain speed but thats what the radio volume is for I believe.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Forget putting bikes on the back and get Thule Roof Bars and Bike racks.
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Have the Halfords Advanced Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Clamp Fitting which goes perfectly on my wife's Mini Cooper. It's more pricey now than when I bought it however.