Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
Canyon CF CLX / Record
Charge Plug 3
Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah nightmare.

I'd never buy a BMC after seeing one of their carbon track frames split in a high speed head on impact impact
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    If I rode one it wouldnt ever go that fast anyway.
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    Head on?

Didn't see the contrarotating rider?

HOpe you're not a traffic policeman :lol:
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
  • Anonymous
    I'm not, no.

It was a turn of phrase, I bet most frames of any material would be wrecked after that. It looked to me on my tiny laptop screen that the frame snapped after it hit the ground head on at high speed.

So declaring that it was because it was a BMC is ridiculous.
  • agnello
    edited March 2010
    indeed
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
  • Anonymous
    agnello wrote:
    I think you're mistaking a bit of playful fun for some kind of legal attack or slight against a respected manufacturer.

It was a BMC

Go and have a nice cup of tea, sorry if I somehow upset you??????????????????????

You ain't no funny guy. Playful fun ? You'd put a glass eye to sleep, mate. :roll:
  • agnello
    jesus
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
  • Anonymous
    agnello wrote:
    jesus

hehehe, just don't bite............ :P
  • Anonymous
    My wife, sister, parents and cousins all work at the BMC factory in the small village of Holmes Chapel. It's silly comments like yours that put people out of jobs. If the BMC plant in Holmes Chapel was to close then it would rip the heart out of the community. This would mean the local shops and services would also cease trading.

Think before posting next time.
  • Nevermind all that, I want the skinsuit/helmet combo the Danish girl was wearing. Looks like you can be run over by several cyclists, get up and finish the race!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You take the suit, I'll have the girl.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    My wife, sister, parents and cousins all work at the BMC factory in the small village of Holmes Chapel. It's silly comments like yours that put people out of jobs. If the BMC plant in Holmes Chapel was to close then it would rip the heart out of the community. This would mean the local shops and services would also cease trading.

Why haven't you got a BMC SL Pro like Cadel Evans ?

Your family is dissapointed you don't work there as well. Shame on you.
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    You take the suit, I'll have the girl.

Come to think of it, don't think it would fit me very well :?
  • Must resist crude, crude joke about fitting the girl.
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

We are but poor carbon fibre weavers and cannot afford such covetous articles.
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

We are but poor carbon fibre weavers and cannot afford such covetous articles.[/quote

Blessed are the Carbon Weavers.
    And, LO, a wailing and much gnashing of teeth came from the carbon weavers, rain, Rain, RAIN, it will melt our carbon. And so it was that the LORD JEEZUS smited the carbon weavers for their folly, and they waded in BLOOD.
  • Chris Boardman said that these bikes are designed to break like that to minimise the impact to the rider???
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Must remember that in the next "What Bike For £1000" thread when someone suggests a Boardman :lol:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    NapoleonD wrote:

your family is lying to you fella - BMC stopped making cars in 1968. You need to ask them what they've really been doing all that time.....
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    At least the BBC newsreader (Suzanne Simons) had the wits to realise that although as Porter said` she `ll get back on her bike and continue` it was, and quote` but not on the broken one?` BMC or not to ride unicycle would be something else!
  • BMC are made in England????

I thought they were swiss doh Well ill have a look more closely next time i get a bike :)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    WHOOSH2.gif