Dilemma...

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
In June of last year I had a 'good' idea regarding safety at work. So, I duely filled in the appropriate card...
I was given £300 worth of M & S vouchers as reward.
It has taken me 9 months to find something 'useful' to spend the vouchers on!
I have just had another 'good' idea regarding safety!
Should I keep it to myself, or risk another £300 of vouchers?... :roll:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hopper1 wrote:
    In June of last year I had a 'good' idea regarding safety at work. So, I duely filled in the appropriate card...

Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
    Do it do it Do it.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    hopper1 wrote:
    Is it to do with bunk beds? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    mbmx6t.gif
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I "won" £10, yes thats ten whole pounds of the realm for being, ahem "Officer of the Year" in my dept. The Voucher is in the bottom drawer along with the "trophy" for being "Officer of the Year" and the "trophy" I wont for the same thing 3 years before. The voucher expires Dec this Year, oh well, next time I need some socks or something. £300 :shock:
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    £300 wouldn't go far in the food department, especially the way I'm eating up food at the moment after all this cycling trying to make up for lost time due to the snow....which will soon be back :cry:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • bikermaze
    bikermaze Posts: 23
    edited April 2010
    Depends on what the 'good' idea for safety is of course. Vouchers are the proverbial 'free lunches' that people never tell you exist because of the good old saying. Why in the world you'd want to pass it up is beyond me. So DO IT.
  • hopper1
    I just received the Black Wii Ltd Edition, plus accessories from M&S, with an 'extra' too!
    Now a brief recap of the history behind the vouchers...
    Firstly, I was awarded £50 for my observation.
    This then went in to town where it was recognised at a higher level, resulting in a digital photo frame being sent to me.
    Again, it goes further, gaining another £250 of vouchers!
    All vouchers finally traded in for a Ltd Edition Black Wii.
    Now, as I mentioned at the top of the page, the parcel was delivered this afternoon, with a surprise in the box...

M&S had packed a PURE Evoke-3 DAB in the box, nothing mentioned on the invoice :wink: That's£199 worth of free DAB...

Just goes to show, Safety Pays folks :wink::D

I guess I'll put my other observation forward, for it is an absolute cracker :D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    hopper1 wrote:

I'd spend them on the wife, if I were you. Lots more 'brownie points' than say.......................mowing the lawn. :lol: Maybe something to look forward to when you return home as well :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    +1, I'd buy loads of stuff for MrsNapD.
  • hopper1
    I gave Mrs.Hopper the chance to spend them ages ago... She couldn't find anything either!
    Although, the Wii was her idea.
    Should have seen her face when she saw the DAB Radio :shock:
    Then, after I had peeled her off the ceiling and explained I didn't order it, and it wasn't on the invoice... That was a different face :wink:
    But, as she was playing Mario Kart with our son, the DAB went walkabouts, into the garage :wink:

She is now planning what to buy with the next lot! :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Was your good safety idea to wear a helmet while cycling? :lol: