Sport wool

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
Guys, just wondered what your thoughts were about Sportwool v the normal cycle jersey fabric?

Comments

• Moaner
    Moaner Posts: 117
    I like it - seems to regulate temperature, wicks well and doesn't smell as quickly.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Moaner wrote:
    I like it - seems to regulate temperature, wicks well and doesn't smell as quickly.

+1 , Moaner sums it up pretty well. I would also add it is a bit more forgiving to wear if your physique is not exactly Contador-like, it doesn't hug th ebody as much as lycra.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    It's the best of both worlds!
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    agree with the above after my first couple of rides in it.

I'd also add that it doesnt feel cold and clammy once you stop or take a break etc. My manmade stuff could quickly feel cold but this stuff doesnt do that. I'm interested to see how it performs in the summer (if we ever get one this year) and hotter temps...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    +1 to all the above
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    Sportwool is great have various Rapha tops long and short sleeve and they are good at regulating temperature, don't pong so much and look great IMO. Waiting for my Shutt VR Signature and LE jersey's to arrive.

That said when it is really hot, Assos, Castelli synthetics are my preference as they feel better next to the skin.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    Flanners1 wrote:
    Sportwool is great have various Rapha tops long and short sleeve and they are good at regulating temperature, don't pong so much and look great IMO. Waiting for my Shutt VR Signature and LE jersey's to arrive.

That said when it is really hot, Assos, Castelli synthetics are my preference as they feel better next to the skin.
    On its way Flanners, we were slightly confused by your email addy, you typed your domain as "hoymail.com" in honour of Sir Chris no doubt?

Def a +1 for Sportwool, wore new jersey yesterday at mk:colossus with just a gilet, warm enough on the ride, not cold/clammy at feed stops... Its great stuff... Take the plunge nicensleazy... Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • nicensleazy
    miggers wrote:
    Flanners1 wrote:

On its way Flanners, we were slightly confused by your email addy, you typed your domain as "hoymail.com" in honour of Sir Chris no doubt?

Def a +1 for Sportwool, wore new jersey yesterday at mk:colossus with just a gilet, warm enough on the ride, not cold/clammy at feed stops... Its great stuff... Take the plunge nicensleazy... Pete

I like the jersey very much, but waiting for the ALL black version!
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    What size? Its looking like Autumn now, we are busy with Summer range...

But I can get you one made up for you if you want? No extra charge!

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • nicensleazy
    Sounds good. I have been looking at the Le Col stuff, but the price is quite top heavy and I don't think its been selling that well!