fizik saddles

Hurricane151
Hurricane151 Posts: 632
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
Could anyone shed any light on the differences in the fizik range of saddles.

I currently have a pave CX wing flex that came as standard on my bike but it is less than comfortable. I have asked a few people about the best saddles to go for and they have suggested some of the higher priced fizik saddles and not much else. I realise its a not of a personal choice but wondered what the differences are in the ranges.

Has anyone upgraded through the fizik range and if so what your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Fizik seem to recommend the choice of saddle based on the degree of flexibility you have. If you can bend right over then it is the Arione, a bit of bend then the Anteras and for the less flexible the Aliante. The Arione is a very flat looking saddle which you definitely sit on, whilst the Aliante has a more pronounced front and back and you tend to sit in it more.

I have an Aliante and an Anteras - both are well made and so far seem comfortable. I did try the Arione but it wasn't for me, felt like sitting astride an ironing board. As with all saddles its a case of trying them and getting one you like. Best advice i had was to get a cheaper model, maybe off Ebay and try it first and then at some point look at upgrading to the light weight full carbon (more expensive) version.

The carbon versions are very tasty - but ridiculously expensive.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Some Fizik suppliers do a try it out thing with the saddles. For a deposit of 50 quid, you get to borrow one for a month. It's a good scheme.