Trek 2.1 '09 vs '10

MagnusW
MagnusW Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in Road buying advice
I am looking to buy my first road bike and have found that I can get a 2009 model Trek 2.1 for 7500 NOK (£830). That's about as much as I want to spend on my first bike. I have also been in contact with a guy I know in Germany that can get me the 2010 model for a little more, 9000 NOK (£1000). I can see that they are almost the same, but there are some differences. Is it worth it to buy the 2010 model, or do you think I will be equally pleased with the '09?

And how do you feel about this bike? Is it any good?

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Don't forget you will need other things like, pedals / shoes / gloves / helmet etc.
    If you like the look of the 09 bike you would have some money for the other items :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • MagnusW
    MagnusW Posts: 6
    I'm aware that I need other things as well, and I have accounted for it.

I'm not thrilled with the looks of the '09, but it is okay. I like the 2010 model better. I was more interested in whether the '10 is better or if it is the same.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    I find the 2009 more pleasing to the eye.

I would get this and use the money saved for shorts etc. Or as you have saved nealry £200, you could buy the Ultegra 6600 wheeks for £200, and sell the Bonty SSR's that come on the bike. They are very heavy wheels, and the best upgrade I made to my bike.