Lock on grips

hunterz
hunterz Posts: 51
edited March 2010 in MTB beginners
Hello this may soud silly but what are lock-on grips whats the difference between normal handlebar grips

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    They have a collar at either end of the grip which is tightened by an allen bolt so they don't move at all. My regular non lock on grips tended to slip around when they got wet!

Also they are great for tarting up your ride with coloured lock on collars :D
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Lock on grips.

Lock On grips

Other flavours available
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    does anyone know how much the superstar lock on grips are
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    £8
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    thanks not a bad price then :D
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    £8

Or 10.99 for the custom build ones with lock ons and end caps! I'm Gonna get a pair of black grips with white collars and white end caps! Yum! :wink:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    £8

Or 10.99 for the custom build ones with lock ons and end caps! I'm Gonna get a pair of black grips with white collars and white end caps! Yum! :wink:

I have the custom build, black grips red lock rings and caps. A mate has white grips and green lock rings and caps and another mate went for the navy blue with gold rings and caps. Its a good bit of bike pimping for £10.99
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • hunterz
    hunterz Posts: 51
    They have a collar at either end of the grip which is tightened by an allen bolt so they don't move at all. My regular non lock on grips tended to slip around when they got wet!

Also they are great for tarting up your ride with coloured lock on collars :D

so when you loosen the allen bolt off do the grips just slide of or are they just as much a faff as normal grips
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    hunterz wrote:
    [

so when you loosen the allen bolt off do the grips just slide of or are they just as much a faff as normal grips

Yeah, mine are Bikehut (Halfords) lockons. I just screw the allen to tighten and it's super safe and tight on the handlebars. Loosen the allen screw and they just slide off. No faff with mine.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    so when you loosen the allen bolt off do the grips just slide of or are they just as much a faff as normal grips[/quote]

Yeah they all slide off fine you should also look at the odi range.
    So Far!