My Boardman Team Carbon Limited Edition

2»

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Cornish-J - Enjoy your bike, put your photos back up (when you've cleaned your tape :lol: ) and get some moisturiser for the thick skin that you'll need to be on here.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Cornish-J

I honestly think you over-reacted to the usual friendly banter which takes place on these forums. However you will find, if you lighten up and put your dummy back in, there are some very knowledgeable riders on here who - combined - will be able to answer just about any techinical/training/other query you might have.

If you think the wit on here is a bit harsh, then I suggest you give Bikeforums.net a go... this place is tame in comparison, IMO.

Ben

PS. nice bike.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Cornish-J - Enjoy your bike, put your photos back up (when you've cleaned your tape :lol: ) and get some moisturiser for the thick skin that you'll need to be on here.

hehe thanks mate :)

I apologise if the few comments that I took offence to were made in jest and genuinely meant as light hearted banter but to me they come across as very snide and ‘bitchy’ remarks.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    softlad wrote:
    how is any of that 'constructive'...??

That was the point of the post. All the posts before mine were banter. Obviously I had seen the images before they were deleted, and didn't bother posting anything because I try to only post negatively on Will's bike threads. I only decided to post once there had been a absolutely massive overreaction.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Ok so can anyone tell us how to keep our beautiful white bar tape clean and looking beautiful. Constructive comments only please
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Ok so can anyone tell us how to keep our beautiful white bar tape clean and looking beautiful. Constructive comments only please

Use black tape or white fizik tape.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I said constructive.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I use CIF cleaner on my Fizik micro tex tape and ITM embossed white bartape. The shiny type tapes will keep cleaner longer whereas the more porous, cork style tape will get manky quicker. some blokes usse spray furniture polish or even toothpaste. I find CIF with a nail brush and some hot water brings my bartape up a treat. :wink:
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    My white fizik saddle cleans up ok with multi-purpose wipes. Think their microtex bartape is made from the same stuff.

Personally I'd rather have the white tape and change it every now and then. Hardly breaks the bank.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I've got white saddles on my road bike and (cough) MTB and they both clean up okay.

I think someone recently suggested spraying bar tape with suede/shoe-protector when it's new. Not tried it myself, but might be worth a go.

BTW, I've committed the mortal sin - white saddle and light-blue bar tape. Will be changing back to white shortly...
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    I clean my bike every week - yet it has never occurred to me to clean my bar tape.... I have fluro orange so probably a liittle bit of grime is good as it tones it down a little.

bring the pictures back.

As far as forums go this has to be one of the nicest/ most helpful that I have ever posted on. I spend far too much time on current affairs / sports boards and the number of bitter & angry & twisted people out there is very depressing. By comparison this place is lovely - although I have yet to post pics of my bike yet - so perhaps i am speaking too soon.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    get the brake pads changed for koolstop or swisstop cornish and put the pictures back. i like my boardman. it may help to tweak the spokes up a bit. also maybe shorten the rear brake cable housing at the rear loop, they seem a litttle long causes excess friction of the cable. then your fully sorted.
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    I hear Chris Boardman himself is annoyed by this topic and will be moderating it shortly.
    LOL road riding.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Doombrain wrote:
    I hear Chris Boardman himself is annoyed by this topic and will be moderating it shortly.

Correct, he is cycling to the C+ office on his CAAD9, after he discovered it was vastly better than his Carbon Team...
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    It'd be funny if Boardman really did have a CAAD9.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:
    It'd be funny if Boardman really did have a CAAD9.

Chris actually worked with Cannonale for 2 years on design of TT bikes, but he was never allowed to fully commit due to other work offers/commitments.