Brailsford; BOO HOO! Bad loser...

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
So the GB's head honcho doesn't like the tactics used to beat Sir Chris?
Bloody tough, matey!
"I't disrespectful to do that to such a great champion..." WHAT?!

I don't know whether he noticed. but it's called a RACE!
Then, he goes on to say, "It won't do Thicky Pendleton harm to lose this time." EH?

Talk about mixed-messages, or is it reverse psychology?

Whatever it is, I'd be a bit concerned if I was in their camp, and quite a bit confused about the statements the "Boss" is making.

Tony Gibb et al got it right, Brailsford was wrong about Hoy.
Just suck it up baldy...

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Thanks for the spoiler :roll:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    You know how Osborne, shadow chancellor refered to another minister as "Baldermort", perhaps that could apply here :lol:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yeah it was a silly thing to say and the guy with him - sorry but I don't know who it was other than a successful GB track rider - backed him up saying it was dirty tactics. Since when has attacking from the gun and catching someone napping been dirty tactics ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Splottboy
    The other guy with him was Jamie Staff, who had to move to America to make it as a BMX rider, as GB wouldn't help him financially.
    Then, once he's doing well, he's miraculously invited to join as a Track rider. Funny that...

So, Pendleton crashes and then gets up to win. WELL DONE GIRL...
    But according to Brailsford, it wouldn't have mattered if she lost. What a twonk!
    If you saw the elation on her face, she wanted the win so badly.

And...if it didn't matter for her to win or not, why take her to race???

Sounds like he's a bit stressed with our TOP sprinters not performing so well after the Millions being pumped into the Track scene.

I can see the Gog dusting off his CV, just in case...
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Didnt hear the whinge about Hoy but I thought the explanaition given as to why its not overly important to win here was quite sound. Whats the point in being wound up to 100% at this point in time? "Peaks and troughs in form blah training blah consistancy blah building up to 2012".
  • downfader
    Didnt hear the whinge about Hoy but I thought the explanaition given as to why its not overly important to win here was quite sound. Whats the point in being wound up to 100% at this point in time? "Peaks and troughs in form blah training blah consistancy blah building up to 2012".

Its 2 years away, man. Plenty of time to show yer metal. :?
  • Dazza2280
    Dazza2280 Posts: 156
    Glad its not just me that's getting sick of his pish!!!

The Olympics is the goal, the Olympics is where we want to peak, the Olympics is shit!!!!!!

I'd much rather be known as World Champion than Olympic Gold Medallist, to be the best in the world each year, or just the guy who tried his luck once every 4 years!!

He only wants the Olympics cos if they do what they did in Beijing in London, then he'll get his CBE upgraded. Its guaranteed that anyone who medals in London will have letters after their name soon after.
  • Splottboy
    So, what about this "Winning becomes a habit" stuff all coaches use then?

Surely, you'd be more confident being taken on as a World Champ than as a loser?
    Pendlebums confidence must be improved, anxiety lessened and mental attitude improved if you've just crashed, then won a major title?

She wouldn't have had this vital learning experience if she had followed the Bosses way.

If they DON'T want to do well, give me back my Lottery and Sky cash then, LOL!

If he doesn't do well at the Olympics, then he'll still get letters after his name...
    T.W.A.T...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Dear Mr Brailsford,

Here is the correct response.

Yours sincerely,

Sir Chris Hoy fans.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ne ... t-blunders
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • downfader
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Dear Mr Brailsford,

Here is the correct response.

Yours sincerely,

Sir Chris Hoy fans.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ne ... t-blunders

Hoy is a big man in more than one way it seems. 8)
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Every dog has its day and with Team SKY I think that the track success will continue to suffer. Too many fingers in too many pies maybe?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    Yep the track programme is really suffering. When I started cycling a single bronze at a world champs would have been considered a success now we have 9 medals including 3 golds and people are saying it is suffering :roll:

Brailsford's comments WRT Hoy were stupid but his overall policy is to win at the Olympics. Which will get the greater publicity long term for cycling in this country a hatful of medals at a worlds or the same at a home Olympics? As for the comment about preferring to win a world title to an Olympics, I suspect if you ask Hoy or pretty much any cyclist who has won both which they prefer they may have a different opinion. Sports have cycles, look at rowing where we had a world champs in the run up to the last Olympics with very little success as the squad re-built. If you don't start bringing through new riders at some point you end up with an empty cupboard when the older generation retire (see England rugby post 2003!).
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    The thing that is annoying me about Brailsford is his complete lack of respect for the World Champs and the jersey. Not putting a guy in the Ind Pursuit or a team in the Madison because they don't feature in the Olympics is a joke. I understand getting Olympic medals pays his and his teams wages, but FFS, we have such a great history in the Individual Pursuit that we should at least show our face, even if it's for a young rider to gain experience.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    I'd agree with that, it was also inconsistent as some non-olympic events were represented. Also, the pursuit could have been used by an up and coming omnium rider needing to improve their pursuiting skills.