Most tenuous reason for returning a product ever?

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
Check out the first review on this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... EPHONE.htm
Well I never even left the store with this, went to join the queue and get a refund.
It makes a toy phone look high quality, its very cheap and light weight and the picture does not give a true representation of the actual thing.
When I was handed the box I had to check that there was something inside as it was so light. The phone feels hollow and very low quality, but I guess you get what you pay for.
I was expecting retro styling but ended up going back in time (well at least the back of a queue) for a refund!!"

You daft soandso!!

Can anyone better this? Will Binatone have to stick a brick in the box to sell a few? :wink::lol:

Comments

• lae
    lae Posts: 555
    Haha, that's great! If they bought a bike would they return it for being 'too light' too?

When I worked in a bike shop (that's a 'bike' shop not a proper bike shop) I had a short lady who bought a half-decent (for a non-cyclist) 700c hybrid with the smallest frame size. I took it out to her car and as I was putting it in the boot next to her old cheap mountain bike, she noticed that 700cs are bigger than 26"s (even though I had explained what 700cs are and why they were very suitable for her needs) She demanded to return it straight away because 'bikes with big wheels are too big for me', despite the fact that less than five minutes earlier she had ridden it down the road and said it fitted perfectly.

Had someone else try to return a bike because it got two punctures on the same day 6 months after they bought it.

And someone else because their chain and nuts and bolts were rusty. I asked them where they kept it. 'On the grass in the back garden'.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Haha, that's great! If they bought a bike would they return it for being 'too light' too?

When I worked in a bike shop (that's a 'bike' shop not a proper bike shop) I had a short lady who bought a half-decent (for a non-cyclist) 700c hybrid with the smallest frame size. I took it out to her car and as I was putting it in the boot next to her old cheap mountain bike, she noticed that 700cs are bigger than 26"s (even though I had explained what 700cs are and why they were very suitable for her needs) She demanded to return it straight away because 'bikes with big wheels are too big for me', despite the fact that less than five minutes earlier she had ridden it down the road and said it fitted perfectly.

Had someone else try to return a bike because it got two punctures on the same day 6 months after they bought it.

And someone else because their chain and nuts and bolts were rusty. I asked them where they kept it. 'On the grass in the back garden'.

:lol:
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Heheh - nice :D
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    I work in a supermart and someone brought an Incredible Hulk Birthday cake back and claimed it was 'nothing like the film'.
    Allegedly
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I had a customer return a bike yesterday as it got a puncture after a couple of hours of buying it.
    The said " its not very reliable if I get a puncture so quickly" I said "I'm sorry its just bad luck, glass doesn't know how old your bike actually is".
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Was in a bike shop and a lady with the look of world destruction on her face comes in with a childs bike she claimed to have purchased 4 months earlier. She wants to know why both tyres are flat and demands they install two new tyres!!!! The mechanic ever so politely explained that they must be pumped up every so often. Her response, "Why didn't they tell me that when I bought it". I wonder if she knows how babies are made?
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Had people returning lamps to the charity shop I work for saying that there was no bulb included - what do they expect for £1.50 and second hand? Sheesh.