Trek Rootbeer touch up

jeffdoran
jeffdoran Posts: 77
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Hi
Anyone found a good touch up for the Trek rootbeer colour. either a car touch up or a particular shade of nail varnish etc?

cheers

Comments

• I think Halfrauds can do a colour match touch up?

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Try a car paint shop, Preferablly one that only sells only the paint, im a mechanic, been in my local shop many times, lists, lists and more lists of colours, bound to sort you out :)
    Scott Reflex 20
    Trek Fuel EX 8 2010

Work hard . . . . Play hard !
  • Vinnyc19
    Vinnyc19 Posts: 202
    Anyone else manage to find a decent match to the root beer, manages to put a 2" scratch down my frame :cry:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    mrs blitz has a Root Beer Hoo Koo E Koo. It picked up a scratch on the downtube - nothing really but hey ho :roll:

I got some gold, black and red Humbrol paints from a model shop and mixed them up in different proportions until I got a match. A few coats rubbed down in between and a coat of laquer and you'd never know.
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    Vinnyc19 wrote:
    Anyone else manage to find a decent match to the root beer, manages to put a 2" scratch down my frame :cry:

contact your local trek dealer

part number is 414025

should sort you out good and proper!!! :D

Let us know if you order one as im thinking of getting one .
  • Vinnyc19
    Cheers will give them a call, where did you find the part number from?? thanks Vinny
  • Vinnyc19
    Just gave LBS and Trek uk a ring and its a US part number thats not imported to the UK, Thanks anyways though. Anyone know of a close match feel free to post
  • Vinnyc19
    .blitz wrote:
    mrs blitz has a Root Beer Hoo Koo E Koo. It picked up a scratch on the downtube - nothing really but hey ho :roll:

I got some gold, black and red Humbrol paints from a model shop and mixed them up in different proportions until I got a match. A few coats rubbed down in between and a coat of laquer and you'd never know.

Might give it a go thanks, got a few colours left somewhere
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    Vinnyc19 wrote:
    Just gave LBS and Trek uk a ring and its a US part number thats not imported to the UK, Thanks anyways though. Anyone know of a close match feel free to post

shitter. :(
    the strange thing was it was trek uk that gave me that number. :?
    Sounds like a paint shop is the next best option.
    If you can take a piece of paper with a colour on it into b&q and get a match for some paint then im sure a paint shop could do the same

My 09 is starting to look like its been machine gunned. :lol:
  • Vinnyc19
    Going to touch mine up then helitape the whole frame lol
  • hairy_boy
    hairy_boy Posts: 345
    I had the same issue getting touch up paint for my Giant Terrago (metallic mid-brownish).

Took my bike to Halfords and looked through their massive mixed to order paint swatch file. The file holds sheets of different manufacturers paints going back years - eg 20 pages for BMW, each page has 20 colour squares of samples with holes punched through. I was able to roughly pick 2-3 out and then wheeled my bike to the front of the store where natural light was and then placed the square on the frame and the hole punched through allows you compare your frame colour to the rest of that sample square.

You can order the paint in little bottles mixed to order - think it was £5-£6 for 100ml bottle.

Worked well for me and ended up with a perfect match (and I am quite fussy :oops: )