ouch

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Saw that last night. Looked really, REALLY bad. The American face planted and took some paint away with her.
  • Ouch indeed. Did anyone see different shots of this - I couldn't see how the Dane lost it on the bank or whether there had been other riders involved. She was already off and sliding down the banking and into the path of the pack when she appeared in shot.
  • downfader
    Ouch indeed. Did anyone see different shots of this - I couldn't see how the Dane lost it on the bank or whether there had been other riders involved. She was already off and sliding down the banking and into the path of the pack when she appeared in shot.

Only a guess but she'd climbed the banking to filter back and I think came into contact with another rider. Hope they say more today.

I think it threw the Brit's nerve a bit too as she ended up right at the back immediately after
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Bloody hell, looked terrible. The commentator said 'terrific' and then says 'that was a wicked crash' - as all cool kids know 'wicked' means awesome.

Hope the riders are alright.
  • downfader
    Bunneh wrote:
    Bloody hell, looked terrible. The commentator said 'terrific' and then says 'that was a wicked crash' - as all cool kids know 'wicked' means awesome.

The American walked away, or rather limped.. in total shock. Cuts and bruises sort of thing at worst. The Dane who became the human-tripwire for this got a suspected broken collarbone. Thats why she just sat up and didnt move.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    OUCH!!!!

Did you see that one of the bikes snapped in half???
  • NWLondoner wrote:
    OUCH!!!!

Did you see that one of the bikes snapped in half???

Yea, Planet X wasn't it :lol:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Bunneh wrote:

Terrific
    1. Very good or fine; splendid: a terrific tennis player.
    2. Awesome; astounding: drove at a terrific rate of speed.
    3. Causing terror or great fear; terrifying: a terrific wail.
    4. Very bad or unpleasant; frightful: a terrific headache.

Wicked
    1. Evil by nature and in practice: "this wicked man Hitler, the repository and embodiment of many forms of soul-destroying hatred" (Winston S. Churchill).
    2. Playfully malicious or mischievous: a wicked prank; a critic's wicked wit.
    3. Severe and distressing: a wicked cough; a wicked gash; wicked driving conditions.
    4. Highly offensive; obnoxious: a wicked stench.
    5. Slang Strikingly good, effective, or skillful:a wicked curve ball; a wicked imitation.

I dont think he meant to sound cool :wink:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Come on. Crashing is all part of the sport.

It's like F1. We ALL like to see a crash, as long as the driver walks away.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Come on. Crashing is all part of the sport.

It's like F1. We ALL like to see a crash, as long as the driver walks away.

+1, I didnt watch ski sunday as a kid to see people get to the bottom :lol:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Ouch indeed. Did anyone see different shots of this - I couldn't see how the Dane lost it on the bank or whether there had been other riders involved. She was already off and sliding down the banking and into the path of the pack when she appeared in shot.
    The danish rider made a mistake, she was halfwheeling the rider in front which you never do on a track becuase if the rider in front moves sideways (which is often) you will hit the rear wheel of front rider as you have no brakes, thats what happened.
  • downfader
    Used to watch car rallies and stuff as a kid, and TT motorbike stuff. Fast and dangerous, it still sometimes appeals to me. Crashes are always exciting, though I suppose less so when you're in them