edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
So....who's got one?

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
  • timmyflash
    timmyflash Posts: 526
    I have one.

What am i supposed to put my book in to read on the tube on the way to a gig or whatever?!

My flatmate wears a leather bumbag (it's a 'cool' bumbag - an oxymoron, sure...), so this makes me feel better about my manbag.
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    I've got one but hardly ever use it.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Were bumbags ever cool? :lol:

Years of wearing lycra, mean I'm not self conscious about these things, but people at work still faintly amused by them.
  • I'm not sure, are you talking about out on the bike, or out around town. :lol:

Out on town - A wallet

On the Bike - Bumbag, marketed as a mp3 player bag, but make no mistake, its a bumbag.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I have loads of pockets
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm Metro...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,799
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I'm Metro...
    lc8rover_01.jpg

Explains a lot.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    edited March 2010
    There's a really clever trick you can do with a shoulder bag: if you attach an extra strap to it, you can wear it across both shoulders, which has several advantages - for a start you can carry a heavier load more comfortably, and it's more stable so you can carry one safely while cycling, running or climbing.
    I've got several like this at home which I use for purposes as varied as carrying work books & laptop, climbing, hillwalking, camping etc. I've even swum half a mile carrying one, try that with a manbag.

I'm thinking of patenting the idea, I'm sure it could catch on: I thought a nice simple descriptive name would do, like "back pack", but then I had a stroke of genius: what could be better than translating that into virile, mountain-climbing German?

I give you the Rucksack
  • Anonymous
    Can't get stuff out of your so-called 'Rucksack' without taking it off though...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    messenger bag
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • timb64
    timb64 Posts: 248
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Can't get stuff out of your so-called 'Rucksack' without taking it off though...

Can if you wear it the 'London Tourist' way.
  • I've got a man sack which I constantly check.
  • Shocking scenes... Manbags are part of the same blight that sees gilette telling em "refuel" (sounds more manly than moisturise) my skin after shaving and nivea marketing at us... Stop it now or hand in yr testicles at the door.

Acceptable methods for the modern gentleman to transport his neccesitys include a rucksack, a pocket, a briefcase, a wallet or a plastic bag if he is unemployed or conveying muddied football boots
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Ditch the "man"bag and stop being a girl. You got to ask the question "why are you carrying so much shite around" - makeup, tampax, diary......
  • Anonymous
    I carry all sorts of kids stuff such as wipes, sudocrem, a couple of kids toys, colouring books and things to amuse them, as well as my own stuff.

Just need to get some kids now.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I carry all sorts of kids stuff such as wipes, sudocrem, a couple of kids toys, colouring books and things to amuse them, as well as my own stuff.

Just need to get some kids now.

Not a Catholic then?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    edited March 2010
    I use one, too.
    I don't like lots of pockets.
    I travel a lot, so usually have a lot of documents, etc.
    When I'm out with my little son, it's full of his stuff.
    It's a modern society, so MTFU....My b0llox are staying with me! :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Of course bumbags were cool, Mr Motivator always wore one and you can't get cooler than that - it's like the Fonze on ice :lol:
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Man bags are the way forward! I have two! :twisted:

The smallish Crumpler hasn't been used in ages. I always use a large Timbuk2. Cost a bomb though because it was one of the 'custom' ones. It's nice having the cam on the correct side of the bag for a change (I wear mine the left handed way, despite being right handed). I can fit all sorts in it too. Most days it'll have shoes, work clothes, a jumper/hoodie, saddlebag, pump, another tube, another multi tool, quite often some food, and then uni books, laptop and what have you. It's a claimed 35.2 litres! And it's so very water proof. Like, very waterproof. The insides are only going to get wet if it's actually submerged ... or not closed right.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Sorry Lads, if I wanted to change gender and carry a hand bag then I would seek counselling first. :shock: :( :roll:

They are not man bags but just plain ordinary handbags...if you want to walk like a woman then carry one :roll: just a fashion icon for the camp community.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    man bags?

there must be some mistake.....men don't carry bags. unless its a backpack,briefcase, or laptop bag.

taking a book to a gig? how do you get your mosh on with a book in a bag hanging over your shoulder????
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    I have one. I am so comfortable in my Heterosexuality, I have had a man bag for years. If you think its effeminate to have one, I may clump you with my bag. Also very handy for dancing round at discos as well. :D
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I'm Metro...
    lc8rover_01.jpg

Explains a lot.

more like this i reckon:
    P1150624.jpg
  • Anonymous
    :shock:

That's freakin' awesome!

Probably more reliable than the discovery I normally drive too!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I've got a leather one and a crumpler. The crumpler hasn't missed a beat other than the buckle for the third leg breaking when i trod on it. Carries my laptop better than a rucksack as i tend to snap laptops over my manly shoulders when i carry them in a rucksack.
  • Nap D a man in conflict,

Handbag (for girls)
    4 x4 disco (for boys)

hardened riot breaker by day, sensitive photo reviewer by night

:)
  • Anonymous
    Nap D a man in conflict,

Handbag (for girls)
    4 x4 disco (for boys)

hardened riot breaker by day, sensitive photo reviewer by night

:)

Round my way, all the 4x4s are for girls too.

You should see all the MumTrucks lined up at school pick up time!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    NapoleonD wrote:
    [You should see all the MumTrucks lined up at school pick up time!

MumTrucks. :lol::lol::lol:

I like that - will be using it myself from now on.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    The time to worry is when you start buying matching shoes :shock: