Mark Beaumont

2»

Comments

• nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    Giant Jon wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    Feel free to criticise my lack of command of the bold option!

I would, but I've only just figured out how to quote on this thing :D

I think your summary on the previous post was perfect! It's been nice arguing with you these last few days, cheers

Jon

Let's call it debating! Cheers
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    Went to see him last night in Rhyl , very enjoyable evening, i bought the book and he signed it, came over as a likeable bloke
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    just saw him in Derby and he signed my book. Very pleasant young man and a good talker.
    Reminds me of benedict allen and bruce parry when they got started. He will get better and get more funding for slicker documentaries, but then we will be nostalgic for the rough , naive early work.
    In fact the talk he gave was comparable to Doug Scott in style.
    Terry J
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    nickice wrote:

3) Was the documentary well made? Not really.

4) Could it have been made better? Yes, definitely.

I think you would be interested in knowing how the documentary was made and the challenges he had to face.

In his tour talks he explains all of that very clearly and I think you would then have a chance to assess whether your statement is still true or not.

I am not criticising you, I am just suggesting you go and see his talk because it would shed some light.