First time I've ever had to return anything....

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited March 2010 in MTB general
new MRP 1X arrives at my work desk this morning, open it up to find that the top bolt's rounded off, so it's completely useless. :cry:

Shame the man in Grand Junction didn't read the handy note about over tightening the bolts. :evil:

Now I've just got to see what CRC want me to do with it.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• theblender
    theblender Posts: 201
    you should have a returns docket with the item, all mail order goods have to be sent out with one. Follow the returns procedure and I'm sure they'll sort it out asap.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I know, I've emailed them as the goods are 'faulty' rather than just wanting to return.

I was 'supposed' to be hammering it round a particularly nice piece of countryside tomorrow care of a friend of a friend at the forestry comission, but it looks like that's now off.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    theblender wrote:
    you should have a returns docket with the item, all mail order goods have to be sent out with one. Follow the returns procedure and I'm sure they'll sort it out asap.

With CRC you have print off a returns form:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Interface/Images/returns_form.pdf

Fill that in and cover it with a letter saying it is faulty and they should refund you the equivalent first class postage to send it back, there's an option on the form for if you want to exchange or refund.

I'm getting a pro at this as they've send me the wrong item out twice now... :evil:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • RichJJ
    RichJJ Posts: 25
    I have to say, although they can be difficult to get hold of sometimes, I have found CRC first class when dealing with returns. My bike had some superficial damage when it arrived and got a more than fair discount. Had to send back a pair of Endura overshoes another time as the tab that covers the Zip came off, new pair on the doorstep the same week.