Greenwich commuters...

Canny Jock
Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
...what time is the park closing these days? Website says 7pm, anyone been through there recently know if this is accurate?

Looking to add a decent hill to my route home :D

Comments

• yep.

7pm it is in March...have a feeling that come april it moves to 8pm ;)
    Red/white Felt F75 '09
    Cannon St-Charlton.
  • Canny Jock
    Cheers guys!
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Just remember to stick to the roads and designated cycle paths only :wink:
  • If it's effort you're looking for, the shortest steepest hill from Greenwich up to the A2 is Point Hill. Cyclists tend to use the park and Hyde Vale most often - they're the steadiest climb. I've never seen a cyclist on Crooms Hill. Venturing further east, there's always Maze Hill or Vanbrugh Hill (which I think has a 17% sign somewhere or other.) There, you can have a different one for every day of the week... :lol:
  • Canny Jock
    The one through the park is enough for now. I think I once attempted Crooms Hill after a visit to The Union and had to walk it up :oops:

It's because I was on my old hybrid - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    If it's effort you're looking for, the shortest steepest hill from Greenwich up to the A2 is Point Hill. Cyclists tend to use the park and Hyde Vale most often - they're the steadiest climb. I've never seen a cyclist on Crooms Hill. Venturing further east, there's always Maze Hill or Vanbrugh Hill (which I think has a 17% sign somewhere or other.) There, you can have a different one for every day of the week... :lol:

+1 to that, I run up Point Hill on my lunchtime run and it's a steep bugger. Saying that I've cycled up Vanbrugh Hill and that's pretty steep
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2