Catalunya stage 1 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Of which you are as guilty as any!

Actually thats not so becuase far as i am concerned when it comes to decisions, races, tactics etc etc then the decision itself will decide if it merits criticism or favourable comment not because i cant stand the riders or DS. How many of you can say that, id hazard a guess at maybe three of four of you.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Of which you are as guilty as any!

Actually thats not so becuase far as i am concerned when it comes to decisions, races, tactics etc etc then the decision itself will decide if it merits criticism or favourable comment not because i cant stand the riders or DS. How many of you can say that, id hazard a guess at maybe three of four of you.

Thank god you're here to keep us all in check, eh?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Cav didn't even wear shoe covers. Never would get away with that in a 'proper' TT. Might have saved himself those 5 extra seconds and come in fist place if he had!
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Sheesh, there's some odd posts on this thread:

1) Who give a f**k enough about grey old RS to bother getting into another dull argument, cumon lads sort it out, we know who likes RS/LA and who doesn't. Kleber above sums it up rather well for me.

2) Sprinters always go well in daft short prologues, and conversley climbers badly, as it has a tendency to favour raw power.

Now a Prologue like say a CTT hillclimb on a 15%+ gradient would be interesting (are you listening Giro organisers :lol: )
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Noticed this in the CN results from today

Chris Froome (RSA) Sky Professional Cycling Team

I thought he was riding as British?

I think that's where the mix up occured
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    eh wrote:

Now a Prologue like say a CTT hillclimb on a 15%+ gradient would be interesting (are you listening Giro organisers :lol: )

Oooh, I like that idea. Nothing too long though. Just a 1k rip up a semi-cliff. Huge crowds either side. Three timing splits on the way up (like in the Winter Olympics) and bonus seconds on the next few stages so the sprinters make an effort.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    eh wrote:

Oooh, I like that idea. Nothing too long though. Just a 1k rip up a semi-cliff. Huge crowds either side. Three timing splits on the way up (like in the Winter Olympics) and bonus seconds on the next few stages so the sprinters make an effort.
    You get such prologues once in a while - ToC in San Francisco, out of the top of my head I think Romandie recently too; But I guess for the Giro this year Amsterdam isn't the best setting for that :)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Note Roche's result. For someone who is climbing very well and has lost weight, that's a good time.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Kléber wrote:
    Note Roche's result. For someone who is climbing very well and has lost weight, that's a good time.

Yes, maybe this will be the race where he really breaks through?

Good performance by Hesjedal. Bakelandts did well too, not heard of him before but looking back he managed to finish about 15th in T-A so maybe he'll be do well here too. Malacarne and Herz both had good results, especially only being youngsters (22 and 20). Malacarne was the junior world cyclocross champion in 2005.