admin

im first to die
im first to die Posts: 224
edited March 2010 in MTB general
just had a post removed from clasified section for "no pic no add" wtf that all about so i have read the rules and it says

Your adverts should include:

Photos - or at least a link to a FLIKR/hosting site, and not Manufacturer websites. We know what XXX looks like, but what we REALLY want to know is what the bike/bits for SALE looks like.

id does not say must have pics if they had read the add it said i was trying to ad pics when thet removed it :x
if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12674214

Photos - or at least a link to a FLIKR/hosting site, and not Manufacturer websites. We know what XXX looks like, but what we REALLY want to know is what the bike/bits for SALE looks like.
    Price
    Condition
    Size
    Full component/spec list

So what is your Post? Please put it in the heading.

If you have lots of items for sale do NOT make one post for each item.

Please do not 'bump' your posts back to the top of the board. This is very inconsiderate towards other users who are advertising. If you bump, we will just delete your post.

When your advert is finished, please use the Report Post function to let the moderation team know so the advert can be deleted.

Normal forum rules apply regarding TXT talk and CAPS lock (dont and turn it off).

Trade sales, please talk to Admin before posting.

Any posts that don't meet this will be removed
  • Andy
    Also I deleted it and I do not appreciate your attitude towards us trying to do our job.
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    "Should" more than implies pictures are necessary, as does the description of the rule imo. Admittedly it seems unfair if you specified in your post you were in the process of uploading, but you cant argue the rule itself.
  • as i said it says

not
    Your advert must include

if you had read the add before removing i was having problems with uploading pics

naa thats no fun
  • Andy
    if you had read the add before removing i was having problems with uploading pics

Oh I did read that but since you didn't add them before you posted the advert, I assumed you hadn't read the rules so I deleted it.

Photos - or at least a link to a FLIKR/hosting site, and not Manufacturer websites. We know what XXX looks like, but what we REALLY want to know is what the bike/bits for SALE looks like...Any posts that don't meet this will be removed

Which bit of that don't you understand?
  • the fact that it says should and not must is the bit i seem to struggle with as should is a sugestion not compulsery it seems you just deletted with out reading seems a bit harsh

naa thats no fun
  • Andy
    the fact that it says should and not must is the bit i seem to struggle with as should is a sugestion not compulsery it seems you just deletted with out reading seems a bit harsh

It seems you have the problem reading. I've told you I read it all and ignored it very properly. The rules clearly state any adverts not meeting the requirements of price, pics, spec etc will be removed.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675

Photos - or at least a link to a FLIKR/hosting site

end of discussion.

there is a minimum requirement.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    Oh and making a second post to add your pictures can be also against the rules as it is unneeded bumping.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • I have to admit that I have found the admin on the MTB side of this website a little harsh at times. The roadie side is a friendlier place to be.

In this case, from what I can see he was in the process of uploading pics, so a couple of days grace wouldn't have hurt. And I also agree that the use of the word "should" is misleading.
  • nicklouse
    fanatic278 wrote:

In this case, from what I can see he was in the process of uploading pics, so a couple of days grace wouldn't have hurt. And I also agree that the use of the word "should" is misleading.

Nope.

if you dont have the pictures to post when you make the advert.

it goes.

it is very very simple.

any way end of.
This discussion has been closed.