RAIN:-(

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Well we are all ready to go ridding and it is bucketing down the rain is bouncing about 6 inches and the puddles are growing.

we re sitting in the car watching big fat rain drops run down the windscvreen I think it si time to have a large can of MTFU and get out there and get wet and muddy

I didnt lik it when the skys were blue and the tralls were hard and dry thats not proper MTBiking

ps that last bit is a big fat wet muddy lie
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• its not actually that bad outside!! looks it, but its really not too bad!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Mmm I've staying inside, got decorating to do. Should be good for the Gully at Gisburn, a good soaking will keep people off and help bed it in.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    got an afternoon of {motor}bike fettling to do. besides my ribs are still killing me after my off last saturaday...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • Ho hum
    Ho hum Posts: 236
    Dry and calm up here.

A wee bit chilly though.
  • turnercraig
    turnercraig Posts: 537
    Dry here in Wales (I know shocking) at the moment. But it has been raining all night and I'm going to do the Climachx later and it's very wet and muddy all year round.
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Will be getting muddy this afternoon at Cannock!
  • Think i'm going to wait till tomorrow .... weather reports are showing it to be a better day .... :)
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I'm off out once the wife is back from work. It's always wet in Wharncliffe, so no real change. Does wind me up though - nice all week, and then rain at weekend!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • stubs
    Once we got out of the car and stopped being a bunch of jessies it was a good ride. You can only get wet once :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Johnny Napalm
    It's the constant cleaning that irritates me! :x
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    Yep raining here to...just spent all morning striping and cleaning my bike only to go and get it caked in crap again tomorrow :roll:
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    I pussied out. It's not riding in the wet that gets me down, it's having the clean the bike in the rain after that I cant stand.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Bit wet here too, it's not so much the getting muddy that bothers me, it's that the rain gets all over my glasses and i can't see anything, so i clean the rain off and my glasses steam up, so i can see even less unless i ride really fast do de-mist them, which is pretty dangerous when you can't see! :lol:
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Johnny Napalm
    Been out for a couple of hours and come covered in mud...as usual. I was tempted to just out the bike away and head in for my bacon and egg sandwich, but I did the right thing and cleaned the bike.

Lovely and clean now...until tomorrow morning, of course!
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • scottbowlby
    scottbowlby Posts: 143
    Dont mind rain but cleaned the bike yesterday then today its pouring = cacked up bike :/
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I polished off the brake pads at both ends going round cannock, and found myself suddenly going a hell of a lot faster than expected on the last downhill section- did catch someone though!
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Llandegla was great :D
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Dont mind rain but cleaned the bike yesterday then today its pouring = cacked up bike :/
    I clean my bike after every ride, dunno about you??!!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Peeed it down here, but managed a good 20 mile today!

When I returned I was told to get changed outside! :D
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    rain? RAIN?

awa' yer ta'king pish, been sunny here all day, warm too, had to strip off on the trail, to remove my merino wool base, it was that warm i kid you not.

well ok perhaps it just seemed hot cause i've got used to the damed cold, but yep it has been a great day today, even got some soft roost.
    Fancy a brew?
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    I love the rain, spent the afternoon kayaking on the River Dart at a wonderfull level thanks to the rain.
  • stubs
    Just got back from my local trail lovely ride in the sun the rain yesterday has packed down the singletrack nicely now if we can just persuade the scally MiniMoto riders to keep off it
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    furby, the problem is, i now can't tell the difference between a canal and a trail it's so wet :shock:
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    I somehow managed to pull the effort out my arse and do a couple of hours this afternoon. Had a couple of crazy low gear, wheel spinning climbs in the deeper mud but had alot of fun... just wish I left earlier so could have stayed out longer.

2010-03-21165229.jpg

Was a relief to get down some gravel paths to clear that mess off.