brechfa trail

larrythelathe
larrythelathe Posts: 143
edited March 2010 in Routes
i am off on holiday towards brechfa cam someone tell what trails are good and if i would be better off on a hard tail or a full sus bike ta.

Comments

• Depends on you ability really. If you are going spend most time on the black trails i would take a full sus but if your'e gonna be doing the blue and red trails i would take a hardtail. I prefer the black and blue than the red personally. The red drags on for too long with hardly any rewards. The blue is great fun and so is the black but the black an get verry tecky in some places and there are some huge jumps in there but they can be rolled anyway. Hope this helps.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    if its a short travel HT the FS, but if the HT is 130mm + then the HT, ht's are better suited to most brechfa trails... but i would want at least a bit of squish for the black, whether in the form of a long HT of a FS
    I like bikes and stuff
  • i have a enduro sl or a ti 456 with pikes
    think what i will do it put some 2.35's on the 456 and blast that around
  • joshtp
    for me the 456 all the way, whack a big as you can fit tyre on the back and have a blast, the green/blue is great fun (dont be put off by the easy grading its a blast, make sure you do it, esp the blue section) and the Black has some epic gnarl that really gets the blood goin, the ref is OK too, although not my trail of choice up there....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • i am going to pendine sands with the family is there anything else around there?
  • joshtp
    well, Brechfa is def the closest good riding, but Afan is just east of swansea, and is pretty epicly good, and there is stacks of good natural stuff in the area..... not much elevation till you go inland though.... Just have a root around where your staying, i live in Swansea so cant really say too much about the close locality, although there is stuff is Pembray, but its lacking in any real elyvation....
    If you come over closer to Swansea way a bit drop me a PM and ill let you know of some killer local stuff and where to find it! The Gower is also a properly stunning area, with awsome beaches, and some epic views, IMO nicer than pendine, (but hey, thats me, personaly i like small rocky inlets, more than epicly huge sands... but pendine is proper impressive) and the gower has some sweet trails....
    have fun whatever happens! enjoy!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i think if you can link the red and black trail descents together you are onto a winner, thats what i rode last time, but my mate built the tracks so knows em well, try examine a map and find the fire road links between em.
    Brechfa is quite smooth so it wont make much difference between HT and FS, i think the HT would actually be more fun at Brechfa TBH, and its rare i ever say prefer HT for anything.
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • afan ye ridden there tonnes i am happy to try something else i may stop off there on the way home
    hard tail it isthen
  • i went with the hard tail i went round the green,blue then linked it up with the black descent. thanks to the local lads who showed me how to link it all up.

theres some nice riding there i really enjoyed the very last bit of green/blue into the car park so much so i did it twice!