Do you interact with anyone from this site elsewhere?

2»

Comments

• linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    linsen wrote:
    Surely all you people are in fact dodgy sorts I'd never mix with in real life.......

This may not be true. I can honestly say some of the people I have met here have changed my life. :D

Better
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    linsen wrote:
    linsen wrote:
    Surely all you people are in fact dodgy sorts I'd never mix with in real life.......

This may not be true. I can honestly say some of the people I have met here have changed my life. :D

Better

Awwww
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    vomit-smiley-015.gif
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    One poster on here told me he read my blog. I've read some other posters' blogs.

I believe I sometimes shop in the same supermarkets as Deptfordmarmoset

That's it.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Had a day out in the snow with ITB and co and met up with Fireblade at the Evans Chiltern sportive - they all seem pretty normal to me :)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    itboffin wrote:
    vomit-smiley-015.gif

you don't mean that
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What did I do now?

Sometimes I just type things innocently only to have hidden meanings attached.

Sometimes being the operative word........
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Imagine if you two 'hit it off' and 'got it on'. It's been known to happen. It's Spring as well, tis the season...

In your case, the season appears to be 12 months.....
    (Mine is zero months, btw).
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Nope.

I don't even cycle. If I met anyone from here, I'd be rumbled.
  • Who?

What?

I'm lost.

Good job there aren't any groomers on here. Phew. That might mess up my GCSEs.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My last Friday thread, honest?

I got to thinking on the friendships formed here. The how's and why's. So I got to thinking...

Of the people you've met on bikeradar, specifically the commuting section, who do you interact with outside of the forum, where and how did it come about?

Back on the original question: In my case, SCR social last summer, Wales, Morpeth at Christmas, not-quite-social-in-my-case the other week, possibly going in the Morpeth next week (and that'll probably happen again some time, eventually!), and assorted other peeps will be doing the New Forest Sportive (and undoubtedly any others I enter this year). And +1 for Lins' view that it's been life-changing. Made some splendid new friends both on and offline. I also seem to have ended up with a very nice Italian road bike, not quite sure why ;)