Ride today was kinda scary

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Heading out of town the road is surrounded by open fields and with the gusty winds today I have to admit I was a tad wary cycling down it. It's downhill so you can get some good speed up but as I was a bit wobbly with the wind hitting the side of me I just took it easy.

Fortunately all the drivers that passed me gave me plenty of room unlike usual when there is always someone who squeezes past.

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    ........ which proves my point that wobbling makes drivers give you a wide berth, but ride steady and they take the mick.

Good for you.
  • +1 for the wind : especially the sideways version last night on the way home.

A couple of lorries swept by me a bit to close and I felt sucked into their slipstreams once or twice which was a bit unsettling.

It was head down and gritting teeth time today though!!

headwind all the way in .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    I learnt the hard way about wind. Had first fall last year when side wind combined with me not riding to the conditions resulted in me falling off :(

Now extra cautious, better to be 5 mins later than fall off and be a lot later and hurt