Behind the scenes with Sky

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited March 2010 in Pro race
The BBC have a fifteen minute film behind the scenes at Andalucia of everyone's favourite/most hated team, if you're interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/8573536.stm
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Worth watching for Yates alone, he looks like some survivor from the 80s rave scene :lol:
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Kléber wrote:
    Worth watching for Yates alone, he looks like some survivor from the 80s rave scene :lol:

He sounds completely sozzled
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Can I pretend I work for the Daily Mail and just rant about how I hate it without even looking at it?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    iainf72 wrote:
    Can I pretend I work for the Daily Mail and just rant about how I hate it without even looking at it?

Only if you can work in some derision for the number of "foreigners" on the team.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Only if you can work in some derision for the number of "foreigners" on the team.

You don't even need to pay the foreigner card. "Team Sky" are a bunch of the hated cyclists
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    I don't even need to watch a documentary about a bunch of illegal eastern European drug addicted lycra louts trying to get free abortions on the NHS to know I hate that documentary.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    i actually quite enjoyed it, then decided to rewatch all the veyond the peloton documentaries of cervelo which are immense.

i thought that the team spirit between the sky riders seemed to be split inot groups? i know its impossible to tell from those small clips but it seemed to be cummings wiggins and henderson in one? might just be me.

on a seperate note im pleased to see ellingworth with a decent leading role, hes done a lot of good for british cycling
  • Cheers for the link it was enjoyable. Quite new to following racing

Every time I see Cavendish he makes me chuckle he couldn't come across worse if he had his speeches prepared by Cadel Evans

Poor lad,reminds me of myself engage mouth 10 seconds before engaging brain. I am sure he is a nice guy who just wants to ride and

Feeding was entertaining,never seen it in that detail not sure who is more at risk,rider or feeder

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Ramanujan
    Ramanujan Posts: 352
    has Yates had some kind of a stroke?
    He looks and sounds like he's about to collapse
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, Yates has had some health problems - get well Yatesy - but he's always sounded strung out.

The big earring, the sunglasses, the gaunt look: he looks like a side player from the Madchester music era.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Löfkvist looks like an alien who crash landed on Earth and found himself in a cycling team.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Moris Possoni has been unleashing his inner chimp and having a go about not being allowed to ride in Italy when his big objective is the Giro - no chance to judge the opposition and feeling homesick for family, friends and fans.
  • Kléber wrote:

There was probably a similar amount of amphetamine ingestion :wink:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    could well see yates with glow sticks and steve cummings selling knock off dvds. also is it just me or is cavs head to big for his body.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Have Sky pilfered Dr Lim's rice cakes?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Probably. Although he did publish the recipe, so it's his own fault.

Enjoyed that, love behind-the-scenes-stuff. Thanks for the link.
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    Interesting. One of the Brits points out he was held back on an Italian team , so see what I was telling you? They get a fair crack of the whip now. Good British riders coming up through the ranks will also get picked over an Italian or a Frenchman or a Spaniard and so on if they have the same form and results. That's not racism or xenophobia. That is just teams naturally revolving around the culture and language of the team, and depending on where the sponsor is based, who the make up of the team is by country and what the sponsor's target market is. The whole video is very good. I wouldn't bet against Sky tomorrow. Though I am sure some of you will be hoping they don't do well.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    PauloBets wrote:
    Interesting. One of the Brits points out he was held back on an Italian team , so see what I was telling you? They get a fair crack of the whip now. Good British riders coming up through the ranks will also get picked over an Italian or a Frenchman or a Spaniard and so on if they have the same form and results. That's not racism or xenophobia. That is just teams naturally revolving around the culture and language of the team, and depending on where the sponsor is based, who the make up of the team is by country and what the sponsor's target market is. The whole video is very good. I wouldn't bet against Sky tomorrow. Though I am sure some of you will be hoping they don't do well.

Your posts are going some way to ensuring that is the case, Paulo.
  • iainf72
    PauloBets wrote:
    Interesting. One of the Brits points out he was held back on an Italian

How many Brits on the MSR team?

1. ONE.

That's 12.5% of the team.

How many on Cervelo?

2. TWO

That's 25%
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:
    Interesting. One of the Brits points out he was held back on an Italian
    How many Brits on the MSR team?
    1. ONE.
    That's 12.5% of the team.

How many on Cervelo?
    2. TWO
    That's 25%

Not with PaoloBets's maths it's not! :P
    He must be one of those dodgy Sky reps, that hang around supermarkets, trying to flog rip off tv.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't fancy Sky's chances having seen the training -

P10002091.jpeg
  • close your eyes when listening to Yates and i swear its the Prince Of Darkness, Ozzie giving the riders briefing...
    Music and Bikes and Alligators
    http://www.richsemple.wordpress.com
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I don't fancy Sky's chances having seen the training -

P10002091.jpeg

Is that Yates with the beret on? He's still got it hasn't he?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    PauloBets wrote:

I think that was Steve Cummings who's last team was Barloworld? Which was either South Africa or UK registered and had a few english speaking riders on the team? But I think nobody got behind them?? And they folded.